Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has moved from the MY LR RWD to the LR AWD and kept their original FSD price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked it up this afternoon, all good.

Such a long journey.

Actually exactly 3 years from the delivery of my Model 3, and a bit over 2 years from RWD LR order.

IMG_6752.jpeg

Last edited:
UPDATE;

Ok so my change fro RED to AWD when through and yep the Tesla SAs now know that to keep original FSD pricing one MUST take delivery of
MY by June 30 or the pricing will not be honored. But this could be extended. I was told that the ability to keep the old FSD pricing was ended Jan 2021 but then someone at Tesla realized that none of the RWD folks had been notified of this! Surprise Surprise. Do I let the guy who texted me about the need to take delivery in June that I am willing to take delivery on June 26th. No reply. I called the number suggested by TECHNOPREP and got the same women who was able to initiate this process for me. I asked if I could get a VIN 3-4 weeks before delivery and she said more likely 3-4 days. I was shocked, uum how do I get a lone and insurance that quickly? She is in Texas and said that is what she is told to say about California. She is arranging to have someone from SantaRow call me tomorrow. When I called around for insurance and loan quotes months ago no one could really give me quotes without a vin. I am totally confused by the process! Why does Tesla make by a car so difficult compared to other companies?
I'm currently in the same boat and Tesla isn't willing to honor the 7K purchase. They keep transferring me around to different departments, could I send you a private message?

Picked it up this afternoon, all good.

Such a long journey.

Actually exactly 3 years from the delivery of my Model 3, and a bit over 2 years from RWD LR order.
Hey Seangoggin, can you PM me? New user and can't figure out how to PM people...I'm also from Ontario and am thinking about cancelling my RWD to get the AWD but want to keep my original FSD price. Just wondering if you can give me details as to how you did it? Thanks!

Good luck!

Hey Seangoggin, can you PM me? New user and can't figure out how to PM people...I'm also from Ontario and am thinking about cancelling my RWD to get the AWD but want to keep my original FSD price. Just wondering if you can give me details as to how you did it? Thanks!
I think those who are beyond the June 30th deadline to convert RWD to AWD and keep FSD pricing need to band together for more leverage with Tesla. I put out a warning on this site as soon as I got the text the first week of June.

I'm trying to have Tesla honor my RWD pricing but am being told that it was only possibly until June 30 - which is completely unfair since Tesla DID NOT tell any of the RWD holders that this was their last chance to take advantage of 6K or 7K FSD pricing. I've called a few different showrooms (Sacramento, Rocklin and San Jose) and all 3 told me that it may not be possible since the June 30 deadline expired. I also am emailing/calling Tesla to see if anyone can help.

Don't change your RWD order whatsoever, hold onto it. Let me know if anything changes.

I'm trying to have Tesla honor my RWD pricing but am being told that it was only possibly until June 30 - which is completely unfair since Tesla DID NOT tell any of the RWD holders that this was their last chance to take advantage of 6K or 7K FSD pricing. I've called a few different showrooms (Sacramento, Rocklin and San Jose) and all 3 told me that it may not be possible since the June 30 deadline expired. I also am emailing/calling Tesla to see if anyone can help.

Don't change your RWD order whatsoever, hold onto it. Let me know if anything changes.
Yes fortunately I’m in no rush as I don’t need an SUV until next summer but felt like I should start pushing the people at Tesla about it and I’ll take the car now if someone honours the original price.
How do you call Tesla? The 1-800 number just directs me to use online chat and the SAs at my service centre appear to be have no control over the situation.

Yes fortunately I’m in no rush as I don’t need an SUV until next summer but felt like I should start pushing the people at Tesla about it and I’ll take the car now if someone honours the original price.
How do you call Tesla? The 1-800 number just directs me to use online chat and the SAs at my service centre appear to be have no control over the situation.
Also I received no text, email or notification about a June 30th deadline.

I called (510) 249-3100 and then pressed 1 or 2. Both times they sent me to my SA. I would continue to apply the pressure on Tesla for support. It is frustrating that Tesla didn’t tell the RWD holders.
Is that a head office number? Searched that one online and it looks like it’s the store phone number? Would they be able to help with an order outside of California?

I just checked my Tesla account and got this news :( It's sad after almost 2 years to hope for that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Action Required​

Your order configuration is no longer available and cannot be delivered. Update your vehicle design and review new pricing in order to proceed. Not taking action will result in your order being cancelled and your order fee refunded.