Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has moved from the MY LR RWD to the LR AWD and kept their original FSD price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to collect data from those who moved from MY LR RWD to LR AWD and were able
to keep their original FSD pricing. Several of us have been told by SAs over the last six weeks
that this has never been done. SAs are being rude and telling us it is our fault we wanted at RWD, cancel
the order, get deposit back and go to the back of the line at higher prices. Even supervisors at some sales rooms
will not answer questions regarding this issue.

I have read multiple times on this site that people have been able to keep their original FSD pricing and
did not have to cancel and reorder from scratch. If I can collect example contracts that do indeed have
the original FSD pricing then I will contact Tesla and present a case for all of us. I am willing to Tweet
and place on FB a summary of the situation to Musk directly once I have some data to show the
inconsistency of the policy.

thanks

I think Tesla sees this as a distraction, sales are strong they are mostly concern with delivering current orders.
I have been lucky to find someone to convert my order from RWD to AWD, but I fear there is nobody to present the issue to.
Nobody is listening they are focused on current orders.

Reactions: blissdancer
Thanks well at least this is an N =1 for someone who was able to maintain their original FSD price. I will use this example when I try to switch. It is too bad that they hate their clients so much that they ignore us. I really wish there was another option that Tesla but they have the techno that I want.

Thanks well at least this is an N =1 for someone who was able to maintain their original FSD price. I will use this example when I try to switch. It is too bad that they hate their clients so much that they ignore us. I really wish there was another option that Tesla but they have the techno that I want.
I think this article is indicative of the experience I had. It took 6 weeks for the order to be changed and you have to find the right salesperson with enough experience to know where to escalate. My SA told me they will fix the FSD price on the final contract and that numbers will initially be wrong. The order is amended for the correct product and I will see about FSD when I get the final contract.

I ordered in Feb 2020 for MYLR (52,990) + blue (1,000) with FSD (7,000) = 60,990. So when I got the email last week “we’ll cancel your order if you don’t buy by 4/20”, I felt strong armed to pushed the button to order. I called my SA and he assured me I would get FSD for $7k if I made no changes to the order.

Problem is the MYLR hardware dropped $3k from date of pre-order. But Tesla SA wouldn’t budge on lowering the MYLR total order price. SA told me take it or leave it. So basically the hardware dropped by $3k and FSD increased by $3k (net zero price change). The SA was not only rude, but his actions and statements could be interpreted as good old “bait and switch” (don’t believe Tesla that is a “different “ car company).

i don’t think FSD barely was worth $7k let alone $10k. So when I tried changing my order the next day after “pushing the button”, the hardware cost went up $500.

Managers at 2 stores said they can’t do anything about the price increase. (Elon won’t let them). So basically I am now waiting 5-9 weeks (delivery date of May 26-June 19, now changes hourly— it was by May 26) for my blue MYLR for $50,490.

Ugh. So much for pre-ordering. There’s no free lunch and certainly no point in pre-ordering.

(I’ll rent FSD if and when needed. Maybe they’ll offer Enhanced Auto Pilot (that might be worth $5k). ) (sorry for the long reply, sensitive topic)

I meant to include, oddly, my original order was written up as a base RW (41,990) plus up-charge for LR (11,000). They don’t even sell a “base” model so kind of disingenuous to not honor the new lower hardware cost with pre-ordered $7k FSD

I think this article is indicative of the experience I had. It took 6 weeks for the order to be changed and you have to find the right salesperson with enough experience to know where to escalate. My SA told me they will fix the FSD price on the final contract and that numbers will initially be wrong. The order is amended for the correct product and I will see about FSD when I get the final contract.
I am going to start calling May 1st to move to an AWD at the current price see if can keep my original FSD price.

If you initiate a change, you cannot keep the price.

I had ordered the Model Y Performance 7 seater. When I heard Model Y Long Range were being delivered, I called a local SA to ask if I can make the change. They said yes, but I would have to pay $10K for FSD vs. $6K. I said no thanks, but Tesla Fremont called a couple weeks later. They said the Performance would not be built and asked if I would make the change to Long Range. I said OK as long as I would keep the $6K FSD price and they agreed.

I meant to include, oddly, my original order was written up as a base RW (41,990) plus up-charge for LR (11,000). They don’t even sell a “base” model so kind of disingenuous to not honor the new lower hardware cost with pre-ordered $7k FSD
They have always done it like that. My Model 3 in 2018 was sold with the LR upcharge broken out at the time the only model being sold. I think it was to be flexible in case a base version was shipped, I do not know.

If you initiate a change, you cannot keep the price.

I had ordered the Model Y Performance 7 seater. When I heard Model Y Long Range were being delivered, I called a local SA to ask if I can make the change. They said yes, but I would have to pay $10K for FSD vs. $6K. I said no thanks, but Tesla Fremont called a couple weeks later. They said the Performance would not be built and asked if I would make the change to Long Range. I said OK as long as I would keep the $6K FSD price and they agreed.
Yes, do not just go in and edit the config. The Sales Advisor will need to do it from the Tesla side or it will just have the current retail price.

I have switch over from the model Y LR RWD to the AWD. Like the other poster have mention, it is best to just call and they can do the switch, it will update on your account with the current pricing, but will credit you the different on the FSD at the time of delivery/payment. So in my case, I'm getting a $5000 credit.

Model Y
$39,990.00
Full Self-Driving Capability
$10,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$9,000.00
Seven Seat Interior
$3,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Car Price
$63,190.00

Been reading this thread, really interested in what blissdancer does, as we have the same dealership to deal with.

Now I'm kinda pissed. I checked my reservation this morning and it looked ok, even though they're not selling the RWD LR. Just checked, and it disappeared from my account. Now I wonder what is going on. No one contacted me, no check. Hope it's just a website glitch.

Phew, Looks like a website authentication problem. Anyway, interested to hear what others have to say about this since I've been waiting since 2019 with a FSD price of $7k. Would consider getting the AWD if they honor the price, so waiting see what others are reporting as well.

Count me in the club. March 2019 RWD LR order, just switched to AWD LR. On the price details FSD still shows as $10k credit, but then they provided a $5k "Referral Credit" to offset my original $5k prices for FSD. Had to talk to a top Sales Advisor in Vegas to get this done.

Hi riceninja,

I'm in same situation as you. Sales person helped me to my switch LR RWD switch to LR AWD, it took almost 7 weeks. But the FSD price has been changed from $6,600 CAD (March 2019 price) to $10,600 CAD (Current price) . and I didn't hear anything about any credit. So, the $5000 credit which you will get is in writing or oral? Thanks,
I have switch over from the model Y LR RWD to the AWD. Like the other poster have mention, it is best to just call and they can do the switch, it will update on your account with the current pricing, but will credit you the different on the FSD at the time of delivery/payment. So in my case, I'm getting a $5000 credit.

Model Y
$39,990.00
Full Self-Driving Capability
$10,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$9,000.00
Seven Seat Interior
$3,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Car Price
$63,190.00

Hi riceninja,

I'm in same situation as you. Sales person helped me to my switch LR RWD switch to LR AWD, it took almost 7 weeks. But the FSD price has been changed from $6,600 CAD (March 2019 price) to $10,600 CAD (Current price) . and I didn't hear anything about any credit. So, the $5000 credit which you will get is in writing or oral? Thanks,
It is in writing as far as I'm concern, they have documented on my account, I have spoken with a few different representative and they all confirm that there is a (ticket) attached to my order that will give me the $5000 once the car is assign and ready for delivery. Also when they did the switch it over, they have to get approval from regional manager or something like that. If they don't I will just refuse to purchase and move on from Tesla, as this whole experience been a pain.