Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has moved from the MY LR RWD to the LR AWD and kept their original FSD price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is in writing as far as I'm concern, they have documented on my account, I have spoken with a few different representative and they all confirm that there is a (ticket) attached to my order that will give me the $5000 once the car is assign and ready for delivery. Also when they did the switch it over, they have to get approval from regional manager or something like that. If they don't I will just refuse to purchase and move on from Tesla, as this whole experience been a pain.
Thank you for your help, I just talked with my TA today, and he told me the adjustment will be made before delivery.

Reactions: blissdancer
I got a VIN on Friday for my LR RWD to LR AWD converted the order. FSD price is wrong but the sales guy says he will fix it.
I find the pay now by wire request I little alarming, given this very long twisty road I want to look at the car in person before payment.
My friend that took delivery of a 3 in December says bank drafts are still fine, but I will confirm this week.

I have initiated the move from the LR RWD to the LR AWD. Once they have the regional manager approval they will call me back with all the details.
My FSD will be 7K not 10K. I also said that I wanted all the changes, new console, new headlights, heated steering wheel, double pane windows, Glove box thumb drive for USB Sentry, Magnetic iphone charging on both sides of phone holder, HEPA filter. Is there anything I forgot? He said delivery in June most likely. Oh I called the number listed in my Tesla account to change orders. I got the Fresno Office, not San Jose.

I got a VIN on Friday for my LR RWD to LR AWD converted the order. FSD price is wrong but the sales guy says he will fix it.
I find the pay now by wire request I little alarming, given this very long twisty road I want to look at the car in person before payment.
My friend that took delivery of a 3 in December says bank drafts are still fine, but I will confirm this week.
I am getting a loan and will not be paying anything until I inspect and accept the car.

Thank you to everyone for chiming in with info.. I have been lurking and reading the other RWD threads for updates for a year (day 1 order with 5k FSD) and finally decided to change to AWD this Q.
I asked my new sales rep ~1 month ago who told me I had to make the change online but he would also put in a request online and that he would get back to me.. and I never heard back(surprised? im not lol). I gave in and called Thursday and spoke to someone different, and they stated they would reach out to a few people but don't expect to hear back for a few days since they had not dealt with this before. The good news was while on the phone She invited me to a demo event they were having today and since I hadn't heard anything back I decided to swing by and talk in person. While speaking to her today, another sales person from the location stated they had dealt with this last week and that the old price wouldn't be honored. I tried to explain to her that others were able to keep the price which she got a bit rude and cut me off and said, "im just telling you what happened last week to a customer." So i explained a bit what riceninja and Blissdancer had suggested earlier in the thread and my sales rep seemed to not shut me down so we'll see and asked to bump it up to a regional sales manager if there are issues..

Thank you to everyone for chiming in with info.. I have been lurking and reading the other RWD threads for updates for a year (day 1 order with 5k FSD) and finally decided to change to AWD this Q.
I asked my new sales rep ~1 month ago who told me I had to make the change online but he would also put in a request online and that he would get back to me.. and I never heard back(surprised? im not lol). I gave in and called Thursday and spoke to someone different, and they stated they would reach out to a few people but don't expect to hear back for a few days since they had not dealt with this before. The good news was while on the phone She invited me to a demo event they were having today and since I hadn't heard anything back I decided to swing by and talk in person. While speaking to her today, another sales person from the location stated they had dealt with this last week and that the old price wouldn't be honored. I tried to explain to her that others were able to keep the price which she got a bit rude and cut me off and said, "im just telling you what happened last week to a customer." So i explained a bit what riceninja and Blissdancer had suggested earlier in the thread and my sales rep seemed to not shut me down so we'll see and asked to bump it up to a regional sales manager if there are issues..
Here is further proof for you. We are picking up soon and our price just got adjusted. Referral Credit is what they use to do the adjustment.

Model Y
$39,990.00
Full Self-Driving Capability
$10,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$9,000.00
Seven Seat Interior
$3,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Referral Credit
- $5,000.00
Car Price
$58,190.00

Here is further proof for you. We are picking up soon and our price just got adjusted. Referral Credit is what they use to do the adjustment.

Model Y
$39,990.00
$10,000.00
$9,000.00
Seven Seat Interior
$3,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Referral Credit
- $5,000.00
Car Price
$58,190.00
Thank you for this! I copied and sent to her. Unfortunately its the new Savannah GA location and the sales people are new so has no clue on whats going on. She replied with "Are you able to find out who got it adjusted? Which Tesla person?"
I don't think its possible to PM on here but if you know how shoot me a PM and I'll reply with my sales person . I don't think either of our tesla sales people want their email/name blasted out to the world and I don't want to put you on the spot for your person :p

Model Y
$39,990.00
$10,000.00
$9,000.00
Seven Seat Interior
$3,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Referral Credit
- $5,000.00
Car Price
$58,190.00

Jennifer Benson is the person at Tesla that helped me with the referral credit. I believe she is out of Las Vegas.

Talked to Tesla Las Vegas store, she doesn't work there, and her name doesn't show up in the Internal Tesla Employee directory either :( And according to the guy I talked a change to the order would update to current pricing, doing anything else would be 'unethical' and that maybe thats why Jennifer wouldnt show up (cuz if she did the right thing for the customer) she might be already fired. Very rude SA, at the end he just said, read the agreement, you can cancel your order if you want, get a refund and reorder a new one (i would guess thats the easy way for 'em, plus its free profit for the company)

Talked to Tesla Las Vegas store, she doesn't work there, and her name doesn't show up in the Internal Tesla Employee directory either :( And according to the guy I talked a change to the order would update to current pricing, doing anything else would be 'unethical' and that maybe thats why Jennifer wouldnt show up (cuz if she did the right thing for the customer) she might be already fired. Very rude SA, at the end he just said, read the agreement, you can cancel your order if you want, get a refund and reorder a new one (i would guess thats the easy way for 'em, plus its free profit for the company)
Look up Texas location, they all should know what to do. Look at the fort worth or plano or even southlake location, people at these location is one I have work with.

Reactions: Jabroni
I called the number listed in my Tesla account under Manage your Order. They had no issue with my request and told me a regional manager would approve this and get back to me. I am going to give them two weeks and then I will call again. I am keeping track of any one I speak with so hopefully I can get consistent help.
Thank you for this! I copied and sent to her. Unfortunately its the new Savannah GA location and the sales people are new so has no clue on whats going on. She replied with "Are you able to find out who got it adjusted? Which Tesla person?"
I don't think its possible to PM on here but if you know how shoot me a PM and I'll reply with my sales person . I don't think either of our tesla sales people want their email/name blasted out to the world and I don't want to put you on the spot for your person :p
call the Tesla number in your Tesla account that is how I got
Don’t update your order. Keep calling and tell them you want to talk to a regional manager. I spoke with Singh out of the Fresno office. He said either Derrick or he would be contacting me once the new contract is ready. Tuesday will be two weeks since I spoke with him. I will call again then to push this along.

Reactions: Jabroni
Folks - I wanted to give everyone my experience and exact instructions to make the change. Please checkout this post:

There was also a news story on Teslarati about my experience. Check it out!

Folks - I wanted to give everyone my experience and exact instructions to make the change. Please checkout this post:

MY price was increased again last night, don't know how it works out for us if switching to AWD in the progress? Any comment

MY price was increased again last night, don't know how it works out for us if switching to AWD in the progress? Any comment

You are put at today's pricing (AWD, Tires, Paint, etc), with your previous FSD price.

I lucked out because it only cost me $1.5k more to switch! But now it would probably be $3k more...still a good deal for an extra motor, faster, more power, and longer range than they originally promised (300 miles).

I am on the phone at the number you provided. Thank you so much. Apparently the call I made on 4/27/21 to initiate this process was never acted on and there are no notes in my file about my call. But now the switch from RWD to AWD with my original FSD price has been submitted. The new order should appear in my account within the week and the credit for the previous FSD price happens two days before delivery. I have put delivery on hold until after July 1st. I did learn that the new headlights are only on the performance and the HEPA filter is only on the X. Thanks so much for posting the details of how to get this done.

Update

Ok my order has been changed but I got a Text from Tesla saying that I must take delivery of my AWD before the end of June or I will have to
pay 10K for FSD. Anyone have the latest for the best loan and insurance pricing for California?