Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has not purchased petrol/diesel for the longest period of time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
With Slartibartfast celebrating its 6 month birthday on the weekend, it was also a marker that we have not purchased petrol for 6 months either, now being a 2-EV household. I’m not missing the experience :D

I’m sure that pales into insignificance compared to many of the trailblazers here.

How long is it since you last purchased liquid fossil fuel for a motor vehicle?

Reactions: WarpedOne
We've been a 2 EV household for a few months now - very nice not to go to the service station at all.

I use to dread going there just to get petrol for the lawn mower until I got the 82V victa which I find much better to use. Swapping out the battery half way through the mowing takes 10 seconds.

Including trips with rental cars, always BEV I last bought fossil fuel in North America or Europe was October 2014.

I’ve been with a Model 3 reservation for Brazil since early 2016. They just refunded that deposit so I guess I still must remain ICE-age there until somebody offers a good choice on BEV. Thus I am still visiting dinosaur juice dispensaries there.

With Slartibartfast celebrating its 6 month birthday on the weekend, it was also a marker that we have not purchased petrol for 6 months either, now being a 2-EV household. I’m not missing the experience :D

I’m sure that pales into insignificance compared to many of the trailblazers here.

How long is it since you last purchased liquid fossil fuel for a motor vehicle?

For me coming on 5 years, for my wife coming on 2 years.....

Reactions: Vostok
5 years ago for our two cars when we bought two model S. Changed the lawnmower and whipper snipper to electric at the start of this year, which was my last fossil fuel tie. Now I have about 2 litres of oil rich unleaded to offload somehow.

Hahaha, I've been electric with our whipper snipper and lawnmower for years (about 4)…..not that I use them as I let my garden do the lawn mowing…. ;)

Hahaha, I've been electric with our whipper snipper and lawnmower for years (about 4)…..not that I use them as I let my garden do the lawn mowing…. ;)
I bought an electric lawnmower and whipper snipper over a decade ago.....as well as a very long extension cord to use them. Hopeless devices. Didnt use them for long. The cordless ones have no compromises and are comparable to petrol versions.

I bought an electric lawnmower and whipper snipper over a decade ago.....as well as a very long extension cord to use them. Hopeless devices. Didnt use them for long. The cordless ones have no compromises and are comparable to petrol versions.

Mine are battery operated…mower has a big plug in battery and seems to do a good job....goes about 45-50mins before running flat.

Got my car at the Australian launch early December 2014. Battery powered chainsaw for the last 2 years corded electric chainsaw for 10 years before that. 17ah pedal assist Ebikes for past 2.5 years. Regrettably wife does not want a new car. Hers is Dino juice for the past 12 years.

Got my car at the Australian launch early December 2014. Battery powered chainsaw for the last 2 years corded electric chainsaw for 10 years before that. 17ah pedal assist Ebikes for past 2.5 years. Regrettably wife does not want a new car. Hers is Dino juice for the past 12 years.
Launch Event was December 9th David.
I picked up my car 20 days later on December 29, 2104. I have been progressively electrifying everything with the exception of my 1969 NSU Ro80 which I refill about twice a year, so I’m not going to win this contest.
The other remaining fossil fuel uses I’m working on changing are the fire pump at my house in the Southern Highlands and changing the gas heating in my Sydney apartment complicated by the limitations of the wiring in an 80 year old apartment building. The better half still remains to be convinced to give up his gas stove, but I’m pushing for a change to induction.