Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a dual motor as soon as Elon announced the website while on stage. Took forever for it to go through with such heavy traffic. RN112772###.

The wait is killing me. I may buy a used MS or M3 until it arrives, just to satisfy my Tesla urges.
Good luck finding a used M3. I have checked the pricing on some (when I can find one) and have noted the pricing is close enough to new that I will likely pick up a single motor M3 in 2020.

I ordered the middle one, AWD (2 motors), FSD, and I'll opt for the solar cells on top of the vault roof.
I think the dual motor is the best option for those who do not need 500 miles of range. My sister and I both ordered the dual motor and are excited about the solar option. She likes the solar option for charging things while camping; I like the solar option so that I am less reliant on grid power.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I think the dual motor is the best option for those who do not need 500 miles of range. My sister and I both ordered the dual motor and are excited about the solar option. She likes the solar option for charging things while camping; I like the solar option so that I am less reliant on grid power.
300+ miles is fine with me. There are Superchargers everywhere now.

Reactions: Salil Bhatnagar
I watched the prototype reveal, but didn't order a tri-motor for about a week afterward after the design grew on me. I never thought I would *ever* drive a "pickup truck" in my life! I'm okay with ~250K orders ahead of me because I live in Fremont and don't want the first year of production for QC reasons. I can drive a Model Y (wife will get our 3) while waiting.

My reasons for tri-motor (and CT in general): [first CyberTruck post]
  1. The vehicle will be designed to last 1M miles, stainless steel, etc.
  2. 500-mile EPA battery means after range decreases over a long time, it will still be considerable.
  3. When towing and in cold weather effective range is reduced significantly (just like ICE).
  4. I'm fortunate my garage is large enough for CT.
  5. The extra expense of tri-motor compared to dual or single amortized over many years and miles is relatively small.
  6. I think "Tesla Armored Glass" was developed in reaction to thieves smashing the small windows on Model 3's to break into the trunk. I hope this glass will be available for Model Y, and next year's S & X versions with tri-motors.
  7. The design is iconic.
  8. You sit up high to view the road.
  9. You only have to worry about colliding with a big rig.
  10. It will have bio-defense mode which I miss in my 2016 X P90D when I'm visiting LA.
  11. The vehicle can do everything except fly and float in the water.
  12. 6 passenger seating convenient sometimes, as is 100 cubes of storage.
  13. Initially, it will stand out like my Model X wings did in March, 2016 whenever I opened them. Eventually, as 100,000's are on the road, they will become commonplace.
  14. By the time I buy one, I hope but do not expect that AP AI board version 2.0 will be in it and it will really have FSD!
  15. Maybe I can get my wife to camp out in it with me? (Unlikely she's a city girl!)

Finally, as TSLA shareholders since 2012, why wouldn't my son and I put down a $100 refundable deposit on a CT to support the business? :cool:

I ordered a dual and tri-motor, since I'll have so much time to decide which one to settle on. I tow about 9k lbs so I'm guessing I'll go with the 500+ miles range. What I'm wondering is; about how much do you guess the difference will be in insurance costs between the two? Since they will both have the same safety features and AP/FSD, will the 0-60 time factor much in to insurance rates?

I ordered a dual and tri-motor, since I'll have so much time to decide which one to settle on. I tow about 9k lbs so I'm guessing I'll go with the 500+ miles range. What I'm wondering is; about how much do you guess the difference will be in insurance costs between the two? Since they will both have the same safety features and AP/FSD, will the 0-60 time factor much in to insurance rates?

Hey Sasquatch,

Welcome to TMC. Get a quote from Tesla Insurance. It will probably be the lowest.

In my experience pre-ordering a Model X in 2013(?) and later a Model 3, when the configurator opens up, you get a chance to decide which configuration you want. For Model X, I had pre-ordered a P90D, so the configurator opened for me and other P's, first. I could have changed to a P90 at that time and waited longer for it. If you are concerned with an early build, reserving a tri-motor is your best bet. You won't need your dual-motor reservation.

As a stockholder since 2012, IMHO everyone should continue to make multiple reservations to juice the total order count and give TSLA more free loan $$$. :cool:

PS. "Sasquatch" was my frat brother's nickname at Hopkins. I was "Devo."

Ordered tri motor as soon as they became available in Australia. I love the design. It’s the car I wanted since I was three. Never changed my mind. I think it is iconic any will not depreciate. Either it will be a winner and they make a million of them, great cause lots of support etc, or it will be an exotic car, even better, see it’s value on twenty years skyrocket. Also love it being electric, love stainless, love 80’s inspired designs (although it’s timeless), love six seats, love cargo area, love no arguments over what Color to get, oh, and I love the design. Current car is a 2007 Toyota Highlander (Kluger here) and it hasn’t ever broken anything apart from wiper blades ;). Hope Tesla can build like that. If not, it’s going to at least look smashing in our driveway...

Thanks Engle, I tried a Tesla insurance quote, but it only gives me a quote for my current Model 3. And my USAA policy is less. I have a Model Y order in, too, and I dont see anywhere to select that one, either.
Since I'm hoping the CT will be my last vehicle purchase ever, I'm most probably going to get the tri-motor. Not really too concerned about early build. I just really want the 500+miles. Imagine how well a 500+mi dual motor would sell!
I haven't read through much of these previous posts, but is everyone expecting (or has there been official word) that the CT will have a million-mile battery?