Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope not. I would expect 50% of the reservations to drop out. Especially at the EV truck market get more crowed. Ford put their cards on the table and the Lightning has been well received so far. The price look good plus the incentive is still available. They need to improve the battery range but that will come in time. I would expect GM to answer back soon with an EV based Silverado.

Reactions: SmartElectric
yea the youtuber just put in like couple on hundred CYBERTRUCK reservations in his order just to do it.
Yup. This guy. I think it’s really crappy if he has no intention of keeping them.. A great comment on there.

Attachments

• 3EAB381D-A702-401C-984C-226087D8596F.jpeg
    3EAB381D-A702-401C-984C-226087D8596F.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 101
yup thats the one so i think theres a lot of people that wont end up getting this truck.
Oh I’m sure. But there are still a LOT of people that will. Even if only a half turn into real orders, still impressive.

i remember the same argument was said about the Model 3 reservations and that many wouldn’t turn into real orders since it was refundable. And they were right. But still plenty of orders came in and made up for that gap as the ones that did buy them, gained more sales. I had a model 3 reservation but I canceled it and bought a model s instead.

I have but I want the 500 mile version. I'm guessing there are delays w/ this battery capacity so expect to see this in 2023 or close to it? It's Elon time so pad a few years, ya?
I thought the same thing with the MY when I sold my S in anticipation of the MY. I leased a M3 for 2 years thinking it would take him a year longer to get the MY out then they were saying.. low and behold it didn't and I've been stuck with this M3 lease for a year longer than I needed it LOL. Granted it shares a lot of the M3 so there was less of a learning curve but still. I think they are getting better at production and understanding how long it takes to ramp up. So assuming Austin is ready on time I think we have a good shot at seeing some roll off the assembly line at the end of the year.
The real kicker is where you fall on the reservation list. We are pretty close to the top according to the tracker so I am hoping to see mine by early spring.

I have but I want the 500 mile version. I'm guessing there are delays w/ this battery capacity so expect to see this in 2023 or close to it? It's Elon time so pad a few years, ya?

That's my guess. I'd suspect Plaid plus wouldn't have been cancelled if the new batteries were ready so I'm expecting the CT to at least be pushed back until late 2022.

A 100 bucks down, I'm on the list and just did it to lock in pricing (HOPEFULLY).

That's my guess. I'd suspect Plaid plus wouldn't have been cancelled if the new batteries were ready so I'm expecting the CT to at least be pushed back until late 2022.

A 100 bucks down, I'm on the list and just did it to lock in pricing (HOPEFULLY).
Id rather hope that they were able to get such good performance out of the current plaid and to avoid a shortage and a delay in production for the CT they cancelled the P+ so the CT will still ship on time!

I'd suspect Plaid plus wouldn't have been cancelled if the new batteries were ready so I'm expecting the CT to at least be pushed back until late 2022.

Tesla has a 10 gWh supply chain of 18650 from Panasonic Japan for the Model S/X. Tesla has clearly stated they want to use any available supply to keep their production lines maxed out, and one of those supply chains is the 18650's which met Tesla's stated goals for the S/X. Re: CT moving back, possible, but I wouldn't at all link this S/X 18650 decision by Tesla.

My guess : Tesla bean counters (not engineering or Elon) influenced the decision ala "we can make $$ using existing 18650's on S/X, and our order book on the PLAID+ shows many owners are waiting for the next tech, let's just tell people we are not planning a PLAID+ (silent part = 'even though we are'), so we can get those orders moved into PLAID".

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Personally I think all Tesla’s with exception of the roadster and S are pretty much ugly. But it’s the inside and the overall ride that make me a Tesla fan (also CA gas prices 🙃). So yes I pre-ordered this ugly truck and I will say it’s growing on me. I guess you can say it’s a good ugly to me now LOL futuristic ugly if you will!

Reactions: SmartElectric
You guys really think it’s going to take till 2025 to get the truck. My wife has a model y and we also got a reservation for CT. I was thinking of getting a model 3 in the meantime if it’s going to take that long
IMHO I believe that the Cybertruck production will start in 3rd Quarter 2022. A few CT made a week before full production. I don’t expect my tri-motor CT until late 2023 at the earliest. Rumors are that the dual and tr—motor CT will be produced first. But no one knows which version is going to be made first.

I decided late last year that I couldn’t wait for the CT and was going to buy a Model Y. But when I saw the new refreshed Model S, I decided to buy it. Give me practice with the yoke steering. I then can trade it for the CT. So @jeremiebutac I would suggest that you get a Model 3 while you wait. Waiting on my Model S has taught me there is no obvious rhyme or reason on how orders are processed. So sit back and enjoy the ride.

As far as orders go, yes I expect that 50% of the orders will be cancelled. I also expect that the pricing to increase once production starts just like the other Tesla models have seen this year. I hesitated ordering on the first night of the CT unveiling because of the looks. But quickly realized that the UGLY CT with the great specs is the vehicle for me. What some see as ugly is beautiful to others. That is true with the CyberTruck.😍

I hope not. I would expect 50% of the reservations to drop out. Especially at the EV truck market get more crowed. Ford put their cards on the table and the Lightning has been well received so far. The price look good plus the incentive is still available. They need to improve the battery range but that will come in time. I would expect GM to answer back soon with an EV based Silverado.
I agree with the 50% cancelled orders since no real commitment was needed to make an order. But no one has made a production truck or Cybertruck yet. They are all prototypes. Tesla has a big lead because of their battery technology. The other manufacturers are just starting out. The company that can prove that their vehicle can replace an ICE truck functionality will be the leader. It won’t matter who name is on the vehicle. Towing range will determine if an electric truck will be acceptable or not.

Look at performance vehicles. Would you rather have a Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Corvette or a Tesla Model S Paid. The Model S Plaid which blows the doors off the other vehicles with no noise and less cost. I welcome all manufactures to make electric vehicles. The competition is better for us the consumers. But it will take years for actual production and not just prototypes. As far as Ford, Dodge, and Chevrolet, trucks were real money makers for them. Do you think that they are going to give up their profits to compete with Rivan and Tesla? They will need superior specs to continue over charging the consumer. Currently that is not the case.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY