Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure there will be some CT's built, maybe thousands, if only to keep the pressure on the other OEMs. But enough to fill my order 50k reservations deep? Not counting on it. Plus you know how they treat early orders these days..

If the other OEMs drop the ball, and revisited the Bolt fiasco, Tesla can raise CT prices. If they succeed, Tesla can compete with a MY varient (Think Truckla)

My only point is for CT orders, better not count on the vehicle you ordered anytime soon based on that earnings call...
I think I need a tin foil hat to continue this conversation.

Bought my Model Y in February 2021 when they were still reasonably priced so I could enjoy an EV until I got my truck. So no fears on that end.

• Funny
Reactions: CyberGus

Bought my Model Y in February 2021 when they were still reasonably priced so I could enjoy an EV until I got my truck. So no fears on that end.

No fears here either. Can put all kinds of stuff in the old MS if needed, and drive it until the pack goes, and then replace it with the money I saved with FUSC.

My Y delivery window is the end of April. I still want the truck as well, so I'll likely trade in or sell the Y for the truck when my order comes up.

Reactions: Kevrick and Ogre
I cancelled, got my $100 back and took delivery of a Model X in fall of 2020, and just ordered again because I think a) I won't have to make a decision until 2027 or later, b) it's the only refundable deposit for a tesla at this point and c) I actually think the recent mule sighting video and photos are pretty positive signs of a real actual production test and eval vehicle which, to date, hasn't actually existed.

They're going to go ahead and scale making a stainless steel unibody which nobody has ever done before and nobody has ever supplied before, this year? Next year? lol, no. 2027 seems safe, and I'll be ready for a new truck by then

So I'll ride that train for a while longer lol

• Love
Reactions: aerodyne
I cancelled, got my $100 back and took delivery of a Model X in fall of 2020, and just ordered again because I think a) I won't have to make a decision until 2027 or later, b) it's the only refundable deposit for a tesla at this point and c) I actually think the recent mule sighting video and photos are pretty positive signs of a real actual production test and eval vehicle which, to date, hasn't actually existed.

They're going to go ahead and scale making a stainless steel unibody which nobody has ever done before and nobody has ever supplied before, this year? Next year? lol, no. 2027 seems safe, and I'll be ready for a new truck by then

So I'll ride that train for a while longer lol
Well hopefully your original order was below 65k so I get bumped up a notch then!

I actually have 2 on order. One around 65k and another at somewhere around a 1,000,000. Then if at a later date I like some new technology they added to it I can catch that train. Also, I added FSD to the second one in the hopes of locking in that $10k pricing.

• Funny
Well hopefully your original order was below 65k so I get bumped up a notch then!

I actually have 2 on order. One around 65k and another at somewhere around a 1,000,000. Then if at a later date I like some new technology they added to it I can catch that train. Also, I added FSD to the second one in the hopes of locking in that $10k pricing.
Ordering Teslas is like trading futures.

Hi All

I took delivery of model Y about a month ago, but literally on the next day my mouse was hovering over the Cybertruck Preorder page, I do plan to get it, aside from the miles, the Cuybertruck sums up everything I look for in a vehicle, and the range is great, well this is all based on the configuration it had in the past order page,
Definitely going for the tri motor
My friends are already making fun of me for wanting a LEGO truck, but whatever lol

Hi All

I took delivery of model Y about a month ago, but literally on the next day my mouse was hovering over the Cybertruck Preorder page, I do plan to get it, aside from the miles, the Cuybertruck sums up everything I look for in a vehicle, and the range is great, well this is all based on the configuration it had in the past order page,
Definitely going for the tri motor
My friends are already making fun of me for wanting a LEGO truck, but whatever lol
In 5 years when yours arrives, you’ll have the last laugh when they have to settle for Brix Blox.

ORDER NUMBER: RN116807833

According to Tesla Reservation Tracker , I should see it around May, 2025. That feels like a very optimistic estimate given everything we currently know. Assuming Austin eventually ramps up to 1M cars per year and it is split evenly between the Y and CT it would take three years to clear the backlog of CT orders. According to Musk, deliveries won't start until 2023. I'm hoping to take delivery in 2026 or 2027.

My best guess is that more than 50% of the reservations will turn into actual orders.
For early orders it will be closer to 80%. After the first 6 months or so, it depends largely on pricing and how good the truck is.

If they knock it out of the park, I think it'll hang at 70%+ take rate the whole run. It's been a long wait so a lot of people might not be ready or have already bought things. A few hundred lucky souls will have Rivian's in their garages.

As the old folks say, the proof is in the pudding, What ever that means.
As an "old folK", the saying goes,"the proof of the pudding is in the eating.". When people made pudding that didn't come out of a box (or was pre-made) and measured ingredients by pinches and hands full, one wasn't sure of how the pudding would taste until it actually got to your mouth. So now you see what it means.

When someone is making something to eat, it is common to have to check it by taste several times, but even then, it might be that the pudding is too salty or not sweet enough, and you really can't tell just how it will taste until you put a whole spoonful into your mouth.

I ordered minutes after the CT was presented.

RN112801047

The reason I gave:

Other

I can't wait until, "hopefully, sometime in 2023".

I have my doubts the CT will ever be produced at rate in anything like it promised configuration or pricing.

For those that will take issue with my reasoning, note:

Tin foil, which is actually untempered aluminum, is much cheaper and easier to form than 301 fully hard CRES.

Now, off to a store that has an MX, so I can decide on a seat config and get one ordered.