Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just lopped 80% off the capital requirements for building a battery factory.

I think they can figure out bending metal.
The two have nothing to do with each other. Forming 300 series CRES is..."Hard"

They could have demonstrated the bulletproof windows at the Giga event, but did not. Greater than zero chance that is not ready either.

Does not pair well with production in 2023.

I know a thing or two about advanced material, 40 years in design/mfg of same.

Reactions: SmartElectric
The two have nothing to do with each other. Forming 300 series CRES is..."Hard"

They could have demonstrated the bulletproof windows at the Giga event, but did not. Greater than zero chance that is not ready either.

Does not pair well with production in 2023.

I know a thing or two about advanced material, 40 years in design/mfg of same.
Musk designed the truck around manufacturability. Manufacturing it at scale and for a low cost was the brief.

What do you think battery manufacturers would have said if you suggested a new entrant could reduce the cost of building a battery factory by 80%?

They know a thing or two about making batteries don't you think?

Tesla is not good at hitting deadlines. But they are spot on when it comes to delivering products at scale.

Spot on at delivering which products at scale? I count two that have been sorta-close to spot-on and they're the same product with a different wrapper
The products they said they would deliver in large volumes, they have. They are batting 100% in terms of hitting scaling targets.

Not “Sorta close”, spot on, they absolutely nailed their volume targets. And they very nearly doubled that number the year after.

Shipping products on time? That’s another story. Of the 8 vehicles they announced, they’ve managed to nail 2 deadlines.

I pre-ordered a dual motor version a day or two after it was announced.

I believe the price was at just shy of $50,000.

Does anyone know if the price is locked and that's what would be asked when it is time for delivery?

Historically Tesla has tried to honer reservation prices, but the world has changed in unexpected and significant ways since 2019.

Payment is expected at delivery (or possibly before?), your $100 holds your place in line.

If you didn't order in the first 5 minutes, then you'll have several months to figure all this out once they start shipping, lol

Reactions: Ogre
Historically Tesla has tried to honer reservation prices, but the world has changed in unexpected and significant ways since 2019.

Payment is expected at delivery (or possibly before?), your $100 holds your place in line.

If you didn't order in the first 5 minutes, then you'll have several months to figure all this out once they start shipping, lol
I wonder what the difference in the price will be since I read that they will have 4 motors vs 3 now and if the dual motor will still be @ 50K

I wonder what the difference in the price will be since I read that they will have 4 motors vs 3 now and if the dual motor will still be @ 50K
With component scaricity/pricing as it is, they will likely delay selling any basic trims for a while — I don’t think we see the prices they announced due to inflation etc.

Take the prices they announced and add in the 2021/2022 increases — so probably at least 5-10K higher depending if they put it in the 3/Y or S/X pricing category.

Have 39 months of warranty left on my 3 — would love to trade it in on the cybertruck if it starts rolling within the next 3 years.

I have a very early reservation, but what that means in terms of actually ordering/delivery who knows.

I ordered the X refresh a bit late and have been waiting 13 months and counting. Can’t imagine with the cybertruck backlog what some will wait.

Last edited:
@Dennisbroker Since you did yours early were you able to actually place a build or just a reservation? Just wondering if you got to lock in a price
I ordered about #95,000 IIRC. Ordered a 3 Motor/500 miles with a specific price (without FSD). The 3M will not be built, to be replaced with a 4 Motor/miles? No data on the new price, but I am sure will be higher.