Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By then there will be other EV Truck options, which will introduce some well needed competition. I wonder if other legacy auto makers will be able to scale enough by then in 3 years time for when the Cybertruck becomes available.
Ford has some internal slides that show they're already on target to be producing 150k Lightning's per year by the end of next year.

Rivian is not really a threat to the Cybertruck since they're focusing their production capacity on the R1S which is a higher percentage of their reservation holders.

Ford will definitely already have the volume, but they're not much of a Cybertruck alternative like the R1T or upcoming Silverado EV is. GM is already testing a production prototype of the Silverado EV so they might be ahead of Tesla already. But production capacity is a big concern. The Hummer EV is still barely at about 100-150 units.

• Informative
Reactions: mspohr
I ordered this year (September). What am I looking at, 2025?

Checkout the Cybertruck Reservation Tracker here:

Reservation Tracker

From what I can tell after sorting the data, the earliest deliveries to fulfill reservations will be on the Quad motor variant first, then Tri, Dual and single motor over the next 5 years.

Here are the delivery milestones:
  • Quad motor deliveries starting September 2023,
  • Tri motor starting August 2024
  • Dual motor starting February 2026
  • Single motor starting August 2028
According to the most recent reservations made this month July 2023, you are looking at taking delivery in the range of June 2025 if you accept a Quad or Tri-motor, Dual motor expected deliveries in July 2026. Hope this helps.

Reservation Tracker

From what I can tell after sorting the data, the earliest deliveries to fulfill reservations will be on the Quad motor variant first, then Tri, Dual and single motor over the next 5 years.

According to the most recent reservations made this month July 2023, you are looking at taking delivery in the range of June 2025 if you accept a Quad or Tri-motor, Dual motor expected deliveries in July 2026. Hope this helps.
I should be able to get a Rivian long before that. (Quad or dual motor)

I thought it was hinted that CT will only be built in two-motor and four-motor versions. All as AWD, and the four-motor can do tank turning.

It does seem overly complicated to design production lines (and castings) to accommodate four versions of the drivetrain.

Reservation Tracker

Any hints on pricing?

I can wait however long it takes. Bought the CT to replace my MY which will be about 6-7 y/o by then if my order gets fulfilled in 2026 or 2027 since I just ordered early last year. And I'm keeping my order even if they priced it somewhere along the lines of the Rivian which I hope they don't so I can get more options. I'm buying it for the novelty of it, you don't see any type of vehicle that looks like it came out of a Mad Max movie 🤣

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I can wait however long it takes. Bought the CT to replace my MY which will be about 6-7 y/o by then if my order gets fulfilled in 2026 or 2027 since I just ordered early last year. And I'm keeping my order even if they priced it somewhere along the lines of the Rivian which I hope they don't so I can get more options. I'm buying it for the novelty of it, you don't see any type of vehicle that looks like it came out of a Mad Max movie 🤣
I have a 2000 Land Rover Disco 2 which still runs. I'll keep it until a replacement is available.