Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordering this color. Totally a H1 Killer
tesla-cybertruck-black-3.jpg

I ordered one of each trim level, because I wanted to get the earliest possible order numbers, but I wasn't sure which version I'd want, IF I wanted one at all.

The odds that I'll actually choose to own one are about 1%. I don't even need a truck or have room for one. And if I did it would probably be a $2,000 clunker just for very rare Home Depot runs.

Main reason I did it: It's refundable therefore zero risk, so I thought maybe a family member will want one and they can get it through me a little sooner. I ordered within 60 seconds of Elon saying the words "You can order now if you like."

I think it's fascinating to observe these paradigm changing moments in time where there is initial shock and awe but then the tide of public perception shifts from confusion and being unsettled to "growing on them" and embracing and becoming all about it. Then you have people whom never even knew they needed a truck that are instantly hooked saying "I want a damn cybertruck!". I see it all over my facebook feed and social media. This truck is already an icon that is going to be talked about for years on end. What a time to be alive.

I think it's fascinating to observe these paradigm changing moments in time where there is initial shock and awe but then the tide of public perception shifts from confusion and being unsettled to "growing on them" and embracing and becoming all about it.

The TSLA stock tanked the day after the reveal. Since then, Elon tweeted that there were 146K orders already! So it will be interesting to see how the stock responds on Monday. I lost a bunch of net worth after the reveal, but I'm still holding because I think it'll bounce back, and beyond.

Never had and never wanted a truck. I ordered a CT because of 6 person seating, storage, range,air suspension, and price. I like not having to worry about door dings too.

If they announce 500 mile range and air suspension on the Y, I will cancel the CT and enjoy the Y.