Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are a P100D owner, so I wonder if Tesla releases the tri-motor PLAID Model S, would you drop the truck order and go straight to a new PLAID S instead, or does something about the truck lure you in?[/
You are a P100D owner, so I wonder if Tesla releases the tri-motor PLAID Model S, would you drop the truck order and go straight to a new PLAID S instead, or does something about the truck lure you in?
I plan to keep the MS P100D for the long haul, even if a quicker MS comes out. By the time my tri-motor truck is really delivered may be 2023/2024 and my current car may be 7 years old and need replacement. I have previously owned many trucks and this one may replace one of our ice vehicles, likely the big SUV.

I personally did not order one as I need/want a more traditional work truck (3/4 ton, 20,000 tow rating, bed access all around, 8' bed) but thats just me, I believe that with only $100 reservation that the conversion rate to deliveries will be very low, IMHO
When I started the thread I suspected the low deposit was a way to increase numbers. It probably did just that but I think it backfired. If everything stays the same orders will far exceed the ability to produce enough to meet demand. Early on, I ordered a model 3.and got discouraged by the wait and bought an S. If you are waiting for the Truck there is no up model to buy. I am like a child waiting for Christmas.:).

When I started the thread I suspected the low deposit was a way to increase numbers. It probably did just that but I think it backfired. If everything stays the same orders will far exceed the ability to produce enough to meet demand. Early on, I ordered a model 3.and got discouraged by the wait and bought an S. If you are waiting for the Truck there is no up model to buy. I am like a child waiting for Christmas.:).
I think your problem is that you didn't wait for the original Model S :)

I put in an order for a dual motor with self-driving. I like that I don't have to worry about door dings, windshield chips, paint chips and paint fade. I can just park the CT outside 24/7 and take advantage of the solar panel option to gain 15+ miles of range per day.

I do a lot of diy work. So the CT fits my needs perfectly. I also love the ramp so I can load stuff using a hand truck once in a while too. The retractable bed cover is great for hiding and securing my tools.

The side benefit of the super hard body is I can purposely ram cars that run red lights without damage to my car. Just kidding. I would never do that. But I would think about it whenever I am in my CT and I see someone run a red light. :)