Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a random text today from "Tesla" about my CT order. Assuming that this is spam, but did anyone else receive it? Wonder if Tesla has had a data breach?

IMG_5EEF4E1548DB-1.jpeg

Looks scammy in many ways:
- No identifier beyond "Nathan from Tesla"
- Reverse lookup on number shows nothing related to Tesla
- Second sentence is stereotypical yet uncommon English
- Did you order in February?
- "no touch test drive" seems non-sequitur
- "customer's" is bad grammar in context (expect perfect marketing verbiage)
- "how driving an electric vehicle feels" seems odd phrasing in context
- "car": no, it's a TRUCK and Tesla would emphasize it.
- Just generally not content I'd expect from Tesla, given they have a solid test-drive program in place.

Looks scammy in many ways:
- No identifier beyond "Nathan from Tesla"
- Reverse lookup on number shows nothing related to Tesla
- Second sentence is stereotypical yet uncommon English
- Did you order in February?
- "no touch test drive" seems non-sequitur
- "customer's" is bad grammar in context (expect perfect marketing verbiage)
- "how driving an electric vehicle feels" seems odd phrasing in context
- "car": no, it's a TRUCK and Tesla would emphasize it.
- Just generally not content I'd expect from Tesla, given they have a solid test-drive program in place.
I didn't put much stock into the response from this person. First thing that I noticed was them saying that I ordered in Feb, which is incorrect. The alarming part to me, was how'd they get my number and know that placed an order in the first place.

I'm not sure if this is the thread for it but is there any truth to there being a delay with the cybertruck? I have an order in and planned for late 2021. I saw somewhere it was delayed to 2022/2023. It could have been clickbait but I forget where I saw it.

The clip going around with Jay Leno is interesting as Elon will be making the truck 5% smaller all around to fit in a normal garage. But what is a normal garage in North America is still be seen ;)
According to Electrek, that video was taken before Elon stated 3%, so since 3% is the more recent number, i'd go with that. Either way, I don't care, my garage is 24' long and can easily fit a 6.5 bed and crew cab :)