Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with the 50% cancelled orders since no real commitment was needed to make an order. But no one has made a production truck or Cybertruck yet. They are all prototypes. Tesla has a big lead because of their battery technology. The other manufacturers are just starting out. The company that can prove that their vehicle can replace an ICE truck functionality will be the leader. It won’t matter who name is on the vehicle. Towing range will determine if an electric truck will be acceptable or not.

Look at performance vehicles. Would you rather have a Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Corvette or a Tesla Model S Paid. The Model S Plaid which blows the doors off the other vehicles with no noise and less cost. I welcome all manufactures to make electric vehicles. The competition is better for us the consumers. But it will take years for actual production and not just prototypes. As far as Ford, Dodge, and Chevrolet, trucks were real money makers for them. Do you think that they are going to give up their profits to compete with Rivan and Tesla? They will need superior specs to continue over charging the consumer. Currently that is not the case.
Id rather have both
the new vette c8 is incredible as is the model s

Id rather have both
the new vette c8 is incredible as is the model s
I had a chance to drive the new C8 Corvette on track and it is fantastic. Price/performance the Corvette is still king. The Model S is great but when it comes to sports cars it is not just about acceleration. I have a Mazda Miata that is more fun to drive around town than sports cars 4 times its price and performance. I still feel Tesla needs to improve on the chassis and overall driving dynamics. Reduce weight and tune out some of the nannies for starters, also how about some sporty seats that can hold you in place, magnetic ride suspension, sport driving mode, etc.

I agree with the 50% cancelled orders since no real commitment was needed to make an order. But no one has made a production truck or Cybertruck yet. They are all prototypes. Tesla has a big lead because of their battery technology. The other manufacturers are just starting out. The company that can prove that their vehicle can replace an ICE truck functionality will be the leader. It won’t matter who name is on the vehicle. Towing range will determine if an electric truck will be acceptable or not.

Look at performance vehicles. Would you rather have a Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Corvette or a Tesla Model S Paid. The Model S Plaid which blows the doors off the other vehicles with no noise and less cost. I welcome all manufactures to make electric vehicles. The competition is better for us the consumers. But it will take years for actual production and not just prototypes. As far as Ford, Dodge, and Chevrolet, trucks were real money makers for them. Do you think that they are going to give up their profits to compete with Rivan and Tesla? They will need superior specs to continue over charging the consumer. Currently that is not the case
I am sure the CT will be great and lead in battery tech, drivetrain performance and software UI, but that lead will start to diminish over the next couple years. GM will probably start matching the battery tech pretty soon and these traditional automakers have the benefit of mass producing vehicles more efficiently than Tesla. The auto industry was so overdue for disruption so it is nice to see it finally happening.

As the old folks say, the proof is in the pudding, What ever that means. This is a lot like a timex, take a licking and keep on ticking. The more I look the better I like.
I like it just as it is. But I can just imagine it wrapped in some wild color scheme.
So I wonder how many preorders there will be. Is It is worth a hundred dollars just to say I ordered the world’s fastest truck
I ordered dual motor

Reactions: WhiteWi
I ordered yesterday. I feel like it'll be well over a year and many hundreds of thousands of cybertrucks on the road before I have to make a real decision. By that time the cybertruck may be a massive hit or it may be Elon's 'flop'. Either way by the time I have to make a 'real' decision I think it'll be a no brainer, one way or the other. And I think it'll be a no brainer to get it, even if I want to just get it and sell it.

But either way, I wanted my order in and on the books before today's conference call.

I really do think they need to put it in a diet, though. It's going to be hard to have a massive hit with a $50K vehicle you can't protect in a garage.

Last edited:
I ordered yesterday. I feel like it'll be well over a year and many hundreds of thousands of cybertrucks on the road before I have to make a real decision. By that time the cybertruck may be a massive hit or it may be Elon's 'flop'. Either way by the time I have to make a 'real' decision I think it'll be a no brainer, one way or the other. And I think it'll be a no brainer to get it, even if I want to just get it and sell it.

But either way, I wanted my order in and on the books before today's conference call.

I really do think they need to put it in a diet, though. It's going to be hard to have a massive hit with a $50K vehicle you can't protect in a garage.
Since when have pickups lived in a regular garage??? Like, never.

BTW, my X has only lived outside for the last three years. And I live in New England.

its also smaller in ALL dimensions than the f150 lightning LOL

Reactions: WhiteWi
As it relates to garage, the negative is the charging aspect. My wall connector is in the garage so I will have half the truck backed in the garage and the other half sticking out.
we have two HPWC, I installed the one for the truck on the inside wall of the garage next to the door so its still inside the garage but the 18' coord is plenty long enough to reach out, under the door when its closed and to the truck if its backed into the driveway

I've driven 2 F150s over the past 20 years and neither has seen a garage. If that's your requirement then you should not be looking at a full size truck.
I ordered it, it's not MY requirement. Elon himself said they'd probably make a smaller mass-market version, and that's all I'm saying.
I've driven 2 F150s over the past 20 years and neither has seen a garage. If that's your requirement then you should not be looking at a full size truck.
I never said it was my requirement; after all, I've ordered one!

Dual motor order with full autonomy for faster delivery. Garage length may be an issue. Won’t the neighborhood look futuristic? The paint won’t peel in the sun as it has on my Escalade.

The Tri-motor is my favorite due to range. However, a Model S extended range or Roadster may be considered later for long distance driving. It’s been over 10.5 years since my first Model S deposit, I can wait, especially while enjoying the 2017 MS 90D with Autopilot and future autonomy.
"Dual motor order with full autonomy for faster delivery."

Recent news release shows that both Dual Motor and Tri-motor will now be the first to be produced, probably early 2022 with the single motor in late 2022.
Both will come AFTER the Austin factory has an operational Model Y assembly line. New batteries will probably be the limiting factor.

I ordered a Dual motor but would like to upgrade to Tri motor if it doesn't change my place or increase the price more than it would have when I originally ordered.
Easily done online on the order form on the Tesla website and may actually move you up in line. Go to TESLA.COM, Sign in, Go to Dashboard, pick CYBRTRK and pick edit design and do your thing. I am 234,612 overall, but 91,003 for the TRI-MOTOR.