Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something tells me that for us who locked in lower fsd price with Cybertruck reservation we won’t get HW4. I hope I am wrong.
From what I understand, some of the latest FSD require HW 3.0. Tesla has been upgrading people who paid upfront for FSD. And those who didn't but now want to go for the subscription, the upgrade fee is about $1,500.

So I'm optimistic that we will get HW4.

Also, Elon said at the AI Day that HW4 is towards the end of 2022. So depending on where we are in line, we might actually get HW4.

Something tells me that for us who locked in lower fsd price with Cybertruck reservation we won’t get HW4. I hope I am wrong.
I'm worried about screwing something up if I go in and look at my reservation, and I don't remember what the price of FSD was at the time I made my CT reservation. I know I did order FSD, just don't remember the price. What was it back in December of 2019?

While it would be great of Elon and company to honor the pricing that was announced back then, I'll totally understand if it does end up changing. I won't be thrilled about it, but I'll be buying the truck and FSD in the end regardless.

Super late to this, but I ordered within a day or two of the presentation. I'm right about 65,000 in. Hopefully just far enough back to where all the bugs will be worked out.

Assuming deliveries do start late next year, I expect to see my truck by my birthday in May 2023.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
From what I understand, some of the latest FSD require HW 3.0. Tesla has been upgrading people who paid upfront for FSD. And those who didn't but now want to go for the subscription, the upgrade fee is about $1,500.

So I'm optimistic that we will get HW4.

Also, Elon said at the AI Day that HW4 is towards the end of 2022. So depending on where we are in line, we might actually get HW4.

I just upgraded my 2018 LR RWD Model 3 from HW2.5 to HW3 in August.

It was priced at $1.5k for only about a week or so until it was reduced to $1k. *See the Upgrades tab in your app or account online for details/pricing.

The FSD subscription plan is $99(+tax) per month if you had EAP or $199(+tax) if you already had AP on the vehicle.

Even before signing up for the subscription, HW3 was already displaying more visualizations for me than with HW2.5, such as lane markers, stop signs and traffic lights. NOA (Nav on Autopilot) is pretty awesome, and the auto lane changes are a HUGE addition over basic AP. I also updated in anticipation of the new Plaid UI trickling down which supposedly will have a HW3 REQUIREMENT for use.

When they announced the FSD sub. option a few month back I actually revised my Cybertruck reservation from a Dual-Motor w/ FSD to a Tri-Motor without FSD. I see no advantage of paying upfront for something that is still evolving especially when I tend not to keep most vehicles for more than 3-5 years....I'll just pay month to moth as needed. You can jump in or out of the FSD sub. at any time and it will stay active through your monthly cycle (no refunds) or if you foresee not using the vehicle for an extended period of time.

Attachments

• HW3-FSD Service Details.jpg
    HW3-FSD Service Details.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: phantom701
I'm worried about screwing something up if I go in and look at my reservation, and I don't remember what the price of FSD was at the time I made my CT reservation. I know I did order FSD, just don't remember the price. What was it back in December of 2019?

While it would be great of Elon and company to honor the pricing that was announced back then, I'll totally understand if it does end up changing. I won't be thrilled about it, but I'll be buying the truck and FSD in the end regardless.

At the time the Cybertruck was available for reservations FSD was $7k. And yes, that pricing will be honored, as it's been stated many times. Currently it is $10k to add on.

You literally can't do anything wrong by logging in to your account and hitting Manage. It's a multi step process to actually cancel and request a refund. I've bene on about 100 times in the past year.

Come and join a Facebook Cybertruck "Owners" group I help moderate while we all wait! ;)

Tesla Cybertruck Owners Worldwide

Cybertruck Res. Tri-Motor Edit.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
Ordered mine a week ago and based on the supposedly start number of 112744100...this number deducted from my RN #...I'm at 3,000,000 ish placeo_Oo_O, even at 500,000 units per year starting 2023, I won't get my Cybertruck until 2029 lmao. I'll keep my reservation just to be in line but will revisit my options in 3 years.🤣

Reactions: 7rugby
Ordered mine a week ago and based on the supposedly start number of 112744100...this number deducted from my RN #...I'm at 3,000,000 ish placeo_Oo_O, even at 500,000 units per year starting 2023, I won't get my Cybertruck until 2029 lmao. I'll keep my reservation just to be in line but will revisit my options in 3 years.🤣
The RN is not a great indicator. It includes a bunch of other orders, including very likely Tesla ordered between the launch date and now which is quite a few cars.

You can be sure you are getting your truck after someone with a lower number, but not much beyond that.

The RN is not a great indicator. It includes a bunch of other orders, including very likely Tesla ordered between the launch date and now which is quite a few cars.

You can be sure you are getting your truck after someone with a lower number, but not much beyond that.
Yep, I suppose. It's really confusing how Tesla did this. I would assume that the RN includes other models like you said (if I understood you correctly). but if it is true that they have over 1 mil preorders just for the CT alone, even with the generous production number of 500K cars in a given year. That will still put us in the back to about 3 years. Anyway, it just boggles my mind on how many people...I wonder thought the ratio of people who pre-ordered and who actually took delivery. 8/10 maybe?

Yep, I suppose. It's really confusing how Tesla did this. I would assume that the RN includes other models like you said (if I understood you correctly). but if it is true that they have over 1 mil preorders just for the CT alone, even with the generous production number of 500K cars in a given year. That will still put us in the back to about 3 years. Anyway, it just boggles my mind on how many people...I wonder thought the ratio of people who pre-ordered and who actually took delivery. 8/10 maybe?

The Cybertruck is arguably the first vehicle which is on the market that is comparable in price to a comparable non-premium ICE vehicle. (The Model 3 is competitive with the BMW 3 series, but not with a Honda Civic for example).

It is also, the most affordable Tesla on the market and competes well against a lot of other vehicles, ICE and EV. If you were looking at an SUV, this might well be appealing also.

To me, it’s not surprising at all how popular it is. The value is so strong a lot of people are questioning whether Tesla can deliver it at the listed prices.

The good news is Tesla has built an absolutely huge facility for the Cybertruck. The Cybertruck portion of the Texas facility is the size of Giga Shanghai which is currently producing 56,000 cars per month. The truck doesn’t need a paint shop, uses a single piece front and rear assembly, and uses the structural battery pack, all of which should reduce the space needed and the number of steps in the process significantly. I have no idea how the origami/ exo-skeleton affects assembly time or space compared to stamped parts… I think less?

This truck was designed on the heals of all of the Model 3 production hell nightmare ramp up so I expect everything about it is designed around fast and consistent assembly.

The Cybertruck is arguably the first vehicle which is on the market that is comparable in price to a comparable non-premium ICE vehicle. (The Model 3 is competitive with the BMW 3 series, but not with a Honda Civic for example).

It is also, the most affordable Tesla on the market and competes well against a lot of other vehicles, ICE and EV. If you were looking at an SUV, this might well be appealing also.

To me, it’s not surprising at all how popular it is. The value is so strong a lot of people are questioning whether Tesla can deliver it at the listed prices.

The good news is Tesla has built an absolutely huge facility for the Cybertruck. The Cybertruck portion of the Texas facility is the size of Giga Shanghai which is currently producing 56,000 cars per month. The truck doesn’t need a paint shop, uses a single piece front and rear assembly, and uses the structural battery pack, all of which should reduce the space needed and the number of steps in the process significantly. I have no idea how the origami/ exo-skeleton affects assembly time or space compared to stamped parts… I think less?

This truck was designed on the heals of all of the Model 3 production hell nightmare ramp up so I expect everything about it is designed around fast and consistent assembly.
What can I say to that argument but "hell yeah". 👍

Reactions: Ogre