Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has ordered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just downloaded the new Tesla App.

My current car is there.

My MS order is there.

The CT order is nowhere to be found.
Me neither, it just redirects me to this now. ;)

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 7.32.51 PM.png

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
Ordered mine a week ago and based on the supposedly start number of 112744100...this number deducted from my RN #...I'm at 3,000,000 ish placeo_Oo_O, even at 500,000 units per year starting 2023, I won't get my Cybertruck until 2029 lmao. I'll keep my reservation just to be in line but will revisit my options in 3 years.🤣
I put down a $100 deposit on 10/23 and my res# is 1159*****. How did you determine how many are ahead in line? And I've pencilled in delivery for 2029 too! Cheers!

I put down a $100 deposit on 10/23 and my res# is 1159*****. How did you determine how many are ahead in line? And I've pencilled in delivery for 2029 too! Cheers!
This Is my simple guide. Assumes ramp is similar to Shanghai Model Y which I think is a reasonable assumption.

If you ordered in the first day, you’ll probably get it within the first quarter.

If you ordered on the first weekend, the second or third quarter.

If you ordered in the first week, 3rd or 4th quarter.

If you ordered in the first 2 months, sometime in the second year.

After that it largely depends on what production is. If they ramp up to 750k trucks per year, maybe you’d get yours sometime in the 3rd or early 4th year. But too many variables.

For the moment anyhow nobody is getting a truck for at least 3 years after they ordered it.

Reactions: 7rugby
I ordered a Cybertruck about 9 months ago but the more that they delay it the greater the possibility that I'll purchase one from a competitor. The Ford Lightning is not in the running because all of the Ford products that I've ever owned proved themselves to be shite. I'm waiting for January 5 and the unveiling of the Silverado EV. If it seems like a good product and the price is comparable I may go there.

Reactions: raptor5244
If the experience of the folks on the model S plaid thread is any guide, being a early order means nothing as far as delivery date.

Some that ordered within minutes of announcement are still waiting, over a year later.

However, if you order a Plaid now, can get it in three weeks.

I ordered a Cybertruck about 9 months ago but the more that they delay it the greater the possibility that I'll purchase one from a competitor. The Ford Lightning is not in the running because all of the Ford products that I've ever owned proved themselves to be shite. I'm waiting for January 5 and the unveiling of the Silverado EV. If it seems like a good product and the price is comparable I may go there.
Same here, I assume Tesla will also only offer a few options/trim levels where the traditional manufacturers typically offer more options which is a big deal with trucks. I would expect a Silverado EV to offer more trim levels, cab configurations as well as wheel/tire options, bed options, running boards, tail gate options, interior configurations, cloth, leather, sunroof, sound system, HUD, etc. I would also expect a huge frunk like the F150.

Don't get me wrong, I think the CT is cool but once GM, Ford and Dodge ramp up production of their EV pickups the CT will be the niche truck. Rivian may be first but those trucks are rather pricey and target this "adventurer" market, whatever that is. An EV truck with 300+ mile range in the low 50-60k price range minus a 10k+ tax credit from GM/Ford is the sweet spot. $45-50k for a full size EV truck is a winner. Even a 250 mile range 2WD model with Access Cab for $40-45k would be a game changer as well.

Same here, I assume Tesla will also only offer a few options/trim levels where the traditional manufacturers typically offer more options which is a big deal with trucks. I would expect a Silverado EV to offer more trim levels, cab configurations as well as wheel/tire options, bed options, running boards, tail gate options, interior configurations, cloth, leather, sunroof, sound system, HUD, etc. I would also expect a huge frunk like the F150.

Don't get me wrong, I think the CT is cool but once GM, Ford and Dodge ramp up production of their EV pickups the CT will be the niche truck. Rivian may be first but those trucks are rather pricey and target this "adventurer" market, whatever that is. An EV truck with 300+ mile range in the low 50-60k price range minus a 10k+ tax credit from GM/Ford is the sweet spot. $45-50k for a full size EV truck is a winner. Even a 250 mile range 2WD model with Access Cab for $40-45k would be a game changer as well.
GM and Ford are still years away from having an effective battery strategy.

Until they get battery production online, ramping up their EV line means selling trucks at 2% margin instead of 20% margin. Fundamentally they cannot compete with the Cybertruck on price. They aren’t even planning on converting most of their fleet before 2030.

It’s possible the Cybertruck ends up being too weird for consumers and sales start dropping. Then Tesla can dust off their “normal” truck plans and try again. Fundamentally time is on Tesla’s side right now.

Personally, I kind of hope the Cybertruck does turn out to be too weird for general adoption. Makes mine easier to find at the mall.