Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has received a call/email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1. Sick to my stomach! Capitalist pigs! Line waiter for SR AWD.

SR AWD i don't have a problem with, they've always made it known that would be the case.

i have a problem with people who reserved year(s) after me getting their "first production" car already when i haven't heard sh!t yet. what was the point of giving them a $1000 interest free loan for 2+ years if it doesn't get me any priority in when i will get the car?

I’m located in Austin and I have a VIN assigned! Reserved on 04/01/16, got invited to configure on 06/27/18 which I immediately ordered the RWD/PUP/Aero/White.

Got an email from ISA on 07/03/18 that I had a VIN assigned and wanted me to confirm some information and he responded with the VIN number the same day (38XXX). I was then required to start the trade-in process by taking pics of my Subaru which I completed on 07/04.

He wouldn’t discuss any delivery dates with me until I confirmed with him that I had my my financing ready and that I fully paid. Although I’m approved through my credit union already, the amount I’m requesting is contingent on my trade-in value which is still pending on their website. If I don’t get an estimate by tomorrow, I’ll probably email him or call what’s up.

On that point, anyone know how long it takes for them to appraise the car and give u a trade-in value? The website said within 24 hours.

Interestingly, insurance quotes for the M3 have generally around $20-30 cheaper than my ‘15 STI.

Unfortunately I have no idea how long it takes, but hopefully you hear back soon. Definitely happy to hear you heard from an ISA! I'm definitely feeling myself getting impatient waiting haha.

Out of curiosity, when did you hear from the ISA on the 3rd? Evening?

No VIN yet. Now I think the "edit" button has nothing to do with it no matter what. As long as I get my car before the tax credit runs out I'll be happy.

Oh well... so much for the EDIT button mystery.

So I guess all bets are off now. Nobody knows when things will happen. Sit back and wait. At least I don’t feel too bad about my edit option being still available.

Thanks for checking though!

Reactions: patoirish
Oh well... so much for the EDIT button mystery.

So I guess all bets are off now. Nobody knows when things will happen. Sit back and wait. At least I don’t feel too bad about my edit option being still available.

Thanks for checking though!

Another data point: config done on 6/17 (LR, Red, Sport wheels, PUP), full green check marks right away but the edit button option remained. Last night the edit disappeared and called Tesla about 30 mins ago and was told that both an VIN and ISA assigned and that I should be hearing from the ISA early next week.

Another data point: config done on 6/17 (LR, Red, Sport wheels, PUP), full green check marks right away but the edit button option remained. Last night the edit disappeared and called Tesla about 30 mins ago and was told that both an VIN and ISA assigned and that I should be hearing from the ISA early next week.

Your edit button wouldn’t appear even when you had trade-in selected to “yes”?

Your edit button wouldn’t appear even when you had trade-in selected to “yes”?

All of the steps were completed during config....everything with green check except payment method and trade-in set to no. Edit button was there the whole time including yesterday morning. Checked when I got home last night and it was gone. Called this afternoon and Tesla confirmed VIN assignment.

• Informative
Reactions: mfa1
All of the steps were completed during config....everything with green check except payment method and trade-in set to no. Edit button was there the whole time including yesterday morning. Checked when I got home last night and it was gone. Called this afternoon and Tesla confirmed VIN assignment.

Great congratulations!!
Where in California are you?

Great congratulations!!
Where in California are you?

SF Peninsula.........my dad reserved back in April 2016, received his invite mid April 2018, went to Tesla display store over in Marin and completed everything there about a week later saying that he did not want delivery until at least beginning of June as they were leaving on vacation. He picked his up in Fremont on and picked up his June 3rd.

Well I called to add EAP to my order and now my order date changed to 7/6 despite calling 2 or 3 days ago. Also I think I lost free connectivity as well because of it. My delivery estimate changed to oct-dec instead of sept-nov. All of this sucks....it's just an over the air update, why would all that change just off adding EAP? I might call Tesla and complain

Unfortunately I have no idea how long it takes, but hopefully you hear back soon. Definitely happy to hear you heard from an ISA! I'm definitely feeling myself getting impatient waiting haha.

Out of curiosity, when did you hear from the ISA on the 3rd? Evening?

I got an email from him around 1PM that day.

Just to give an update, I emailed my ISA today and he responded pretty quick with the trade-in estimate which was pretty on the dot with KBB trade-in values. Before I respond, I'm gonna get an appraisal at CarMax tomorrow to see if I can get even higher. I called Tesla customer support and they confirmed that they match CarMax appraisals.

Ok just got an email from Tesla asking me to get everything in order.... They didn't provide a VIN but it looks like delivery is imminent. So they edit config button completely disappearing may mean something after all.

Yay!! Congratulations!!

So I’ll leave my trade in to yes and see when the edit disappears!

Did you have Aero wheels or sport?

Of those of us who configured just this past week when they opened it up to everyone, I'm curious who is getting the call/email for delivery. Please provide date you reserved, date configured, region, when your edit button disappeared, and your configuration. I'm curious if anyone who reserved this year has recieved it yet..
I reserved April 1 2016, configured June 28 2018, Raleigh NC area, not sure when button disappeared, RWD black w/ everything standard @ $49K, received email yesterday confirming delivery out of Raleigh office, payment and no trade-in, email came from Las Vegas, VIN number was in the subject header, and delivery was “soon”. I quickly confirmed and ask if it’s too late to change to metallic black as well as an estimate of delivery so I can get my electrical completed prior. Two questions:
1. Do we know which VIN numbers are the cars that were declined at delivery and are looking for a home?
2, And is there any confirmed known quality issue with the standard black paint (vs speculation)? Fortunately, I prefer black. But not if it’s soft or some other quality issue compared to metallic black.

3/4/18 - Placed my reservation on the Tesla website, made the Reservation Payment by credit card then received my Reservation Number.

6/28/18 - Received an email from Tesla (late in the day) stating my Model 3 is ready to order (traveling today so I delayed ordering a day)

6/29/18 - On the Tesla website, I placed my order (Model 3, Pearl White, LR, RWD, 19” Sport Wheels, Premium Interior) and made the Order Payment by credit card. Later in the day, I received an email from Tesla stating “Your Order is Confirmed” and my Reservation Agreement was attached to that email. I then finalized my profile and delivery info on the Tesla website. The website showed my car delivery window is Sept 18 - Nov 18 (I assume 2018?? HaHa)

6/30/18 - Checked the website and found, then downloaded, my “Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement” (5 page pdf) from the website.

The wait continues (but I'm much closer to T Day)!