Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has the best finance rates right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zaphod

Galaxy President (former)
Dec 10, 2015
Austin, TX
Will be taking delivery in the coming weeks so need to start researching financing. Who has the best rates for 60, 66, or 72 months? I seem to recall lots of people touting RBFCU in the past, but their rates don't seem to be the best currently. Thanks!

Just got approved for CUTX yesterday. 1.99% for 72 months and the loan is good for 60 days. You won't find it any lower and should be open to all Texas residents. Rates should go up next week since the fed meeting is going down on the 25th and 26th. I applied over the phone and got approved the same day. Do it this week if you want to lock that in. I am giving myself another month before ordering to knock off a little more on my car payments.

There is already a few threads for this, so check through the pages for new posts when possible. Texas hold up is about delivery times also.

Reactions: paco878
Just got approved for CUTX yesterday. 1.99% for 72 months and the loan is good for 60 days. You won't find it any lower and should be open to all Texas residents. Rates should go up next week since the fed meeting is going down on the 25th and 26th. I applied over the phone and got approved the same day. Do it this week if you want to lock that in. I am giving myself another month before ordering to knock off a little more on my car payments.

There is already a few threads for this, so check through the pages for new posts when possible. Texas hold up is about delivery times also.
Thanks for the info. I did check for prior threads, but most seemed older and I know the "Texas hold-up" one also has financing and delivery stuff, but thought it would be better to have one specifically for recent financing instead of having to wade through many pages of that one. My apologies if you and others feel this thread was redundant.

No worries. I forgot which thread I posted in about it to get that info. Was about to update that, but this should be fine since it is now up to date. Saul Good Man.

I am a rookie here still, but have been on way too many forums over the years.

Otherwise I was about to post that information somewhere.

Remember, your mileage may vary. Loan to value (down payment, etc), credit score, the loaner's amount of car laons that month, price of the car, and the secret stuff

RBFCU & UFCU had great rates in Austin, but your area my be different (westlake, round rock, georgetown). I'd start with credit unions over banks as a bank has overhead and profit motives in excess of a credit union.

Can you join CUTX if you are not in Dallas?

Yeah. I think it is available to all Texans. I am in Fort Worth and I saw someone else post about getting that rate in Austin.

I just convinced my friend in Austin to apply and get hers before the end of the year for the tax credit.

Also, it sounds like GAP insurance will be somewhere below $500 based on another thread. It was mentioned to be $455 for a $58k loan.

Last edited:
Still getting a few things together for mine. One question. What are all the costs for the base version with autopilot?
$54k plus $1200 delivery I assume all gets 1.0625% tax which puts it at $58650. How much is license and registration costs? Is there anything else to worry about after that on expenses? I am still debating on black or blue, but wish silver was still available.

Also, are there any other add-ons when ordering like the service plan or an extended warranty? What do those run? Just calculating all the potential total costs.

Last edited:
I can't find better rates (that i'm eligible in the TX area) myself.
CUTX: 4.29%
ACU: 4.49%
Local bank at 5^
I tried out-of-state since I have relative in Cali and is member of CaliCU and I got approved at CaliCU at 3.39%. For me, that's the lowest I can get atm.

All these with excellent credit.

I've called American Airlines Credit Union (CU), they say you have to be an employee there to get a cheaper rate.

So these are some CU rates that I've found online if anyone interested.
Texas Health Resources Credit Union 2.5% for 60 months, but you have to open a checking account with $20 deposit and one time $25 application fee.
City Credit CU 1.99% for 36 months, not sure of the terms for that.
TDECU 2.99% for 48 months
Lone Start CU 2.75%, no info on term
Neiman Marcus CU 1.90%, for employee
Baptist CU 2.5%, for members I believe
Those are the one I've found. Hope that help.

• Helpful
Reactions: rafacq and Tenable