Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has waited the longest?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't mean to make it seem like I was diminishing his concerns. I would be disappointed as well being such an early reservation holder and having to wait that long. Hopefully after this initial rush, they settle in a more regular schedule where your delivery more closely matches the order things were finalized. Unfortunately, they decided the stagger production based on pack size meaning many early people would get delayed if they didn't decide to go with 85kWh pack.

You might be one of the longer ones, if you get yours in June or later. I really do think that with Tesla's production rate the only thing to slow Europeans down would be homologation issues, since your bureaucracy is probably as bad as ours! At the same time, there is a lot more political will and incentive to speed the adoption of electrics in Europe.

Oh, and I haven't seen much whining from Canadians (although there are a couple of threads that include us:wink:), on the whole we're glad an American company isn't ignoring the rest of the world, and not just launching in limited cities. Tesla's far from perfect, but they are on the correct trajectory and that is vital.

Hi there KBF, my post ment to be funny (I do fail at those sometimes, what's why I still work as a programmer and not as comedian), I honestly feel with you as you live so close to america and still had to wait a long time and in addition you had that tax fiasco where the model doesn't count as an american product... that sucked too.

I didn't find any incentives for Electric cars here. The only thing is that you don't have to pay some street taxes wich are like 100$ a year. They do talk about loading stations a lot but most of them seem to be private ones. The public ones are mostly for e-bikes wich got pretty common the last few years.

I think VolkerBerlin (well known guy on TM Forum) will get the prize, he is P#2 (but was P#1 at some point), I will need to ask him what date he did put his reservation down. Or maybe some very early UK reservation holder will have to wait the longest until end of next year.

Thanks for your support GG. I talked to Tesla today 12/19/12 2PM ET. I was told I would have to wait until March or April, 2013 for the 40kWh Model S which made me believe I would be getting a year end Tesla S, but I was wrong. All Tesla S cars built in 2012 will be 1 year old when Tesla S changes to 2013 vin numbers on Jan 01, 2013. Also upgrading to the air suspension for $1500, which was about the same delay, was changed on my order. I feel better but I should have held my $5000 because Tesla has shown no sign of appreciation for my risk.

Hi there KBF, my post ment to be funny (I do fail at those sometimes, what's why I still work as a programmer and not as comedian), I honestly feel with you as you live so close to america and still had to wait a long time and in addition you had that tax fiasco where the model doesn't count as an american product... that sucked too.

I didn't find any incentives for Electric cars here. The only thing is that you don't have to pay some street taxes wich are like 100$ a year. They do talk about loading stations a lot but most of them seem to be private ones. The public ones are mostly for e-bikes wich got pretty common the last few years.

Yeah, I was pretty sure. Although it is true, I have been guilty of whining a few times here! :biggrin:
I wish every country was like Norway; zero sales tax on EV's! Now THAT'S an incentive!

Dave (dsm363) and others, I know you all mean well. But, I can clearly understand where David Slagle's coming from; I've been dealing with this rollercoaster of emotions myself.

To see a 10,000+ sequence number (issued as recently as July, 2012!) get their delivery way way before you (and possibly in 2012!) hurts, quite a bit. Of course, Tesla as a startup had no option but to do what they have done to survive, have a great Q4 and thrive.

We all know that they've done a really subpar job (and GeorgeB admitted to this) communicating these delayed windows for the smaller battery packs; I just hope that - and I have a genuine fear that this may actually not turn out pretty - they prioritize the low sequence numbers with smaller packs from January onwards while setting the right expectations for the 85ers who answered yes to that December email but are not actually getting their cars in 2012.

We also reserved in July 2012 and understand that we will not receive our (right-hand drive) car until at least mid 2013. We understand and accept that. The only issue for us is, as you say, communication.

This thread is about who will have to wait the longest for their car. I am sure that there will be someone from the likes of the UK or Australia(who reserved in 2009), waiting for their right-hand drive vehicle, and they still do not know if delivery is 6 months or a year away. Try thinking about them.

This thread is about who will have to wait the longest for their car. I am sure that there will be someone from the likes of the UK or Australia(who reserved in 2009), waiting for their right-hand drive vehicle, and they still do not know if delivery is 6 months or a year away. Try thinking about them.

Actually, this thread is in fact entitled, "Who has waited the longest" (emphasis mine), therefore, I clearly am the winner :tongue:
That is, until I get my car. Soon. (Right, Tesla?) Once that happens, the new "longest-waiting reservation holder will be either an American or Canadian 40 kWh, or very early Canadian "P". Please allow me my brief moment of glory. ;)

Once the 40 kWh packs are through, I'm sure a European or Aussie can have a turn. :D

Ok. Here is the bottom line. I ordered my P 85 on March 27, 2009 and my deposit was confirmed at 3:56pm. Car arrived today at 1:07pm. Using timeanddate.com here is what I think would be fun to see. (hoping we all don't over analyze)

USA orders:

Performance 85kWh - 1363 days, 21 hours, 11 minutes and 0 seconds. <------ me
85kWh - ?
60kWh - ?
40kWh - ?

Other countries below etc. etc.

So can anyone beat my P#172 Performance S wait time??

Cool website. Since I am still waiting, I'm currently at
1365 days, 1 hour, 53 minutes and 47 seconds
And counting.
For a Signature. :D I'll be sure to update when I get my car, hopefully this year...

Ok. Here is the bottom line. I ordered my P 85 on March 27, 2009 and my deposit was confirmed at 3:56pm. Car arrived today at 1:07pm. Using timeanddate.com here is what I think would be fun to see. (hoping we all don't over analyze)

USA orders:

Performance 85kWh - 1363 days, 21 hours, 11 minutes and 0 seconds. <------ me
85kWh - ?
60kWh - ?
40kWh - ?

Other countries below etc. etc.

So can anyone beat my P#172 Performance S wait time??

Well it feels like I've been waiting forever.

This whole experience reminds me of a quote that goes more or less like: I went to the opera with my wife. It started at 8pm. By the time midnight rolled around, I looked at my watch and it was 8:15.

Okay, most of you heard the good news: Canadian Regular Signature #1 is home at last!

I received "my first step" email from Tesla (after filling out the online form) on 26 March, 2009 19:51 Central.
My car arrived in Toronto sometime shortly before December 21, 2012, and loaded onto the carrier on January 15, 2013. After the carrier broke down (its electronics froze up overnight in Dryden, ON, because the windchill was around -35C, 8 hour delay), the driver heroically wanted to still deliver my car that day, and so he was awake from 4:30 am Eastern, delivered my car (in my possession at 10:08 pm Central), and then had to head off to Winnipeg so he could get to his hotel (which is a 45 minute drive from my house). Talk about dedication... I assume he made it safely!

So, according to timeanddate.com:
The duration is 1393 days, 2 hours, 18 minutes and 0 seconds

Or 3 years, 9 months, 22 days, 2 hours, 18 minutes

Since I patiently waited so long, and for the sake of my Tesla shares, I hope I am the (TMC) customer who has waited the longest ;) (Although I'm quite sure that a Canadian "P" will actually overtake me shortly, if they haven't already)