TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Who have you converted and from what?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by sublimaze1, Dec 11, 2012.

1. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

So I gave a test ride to a co-worker. Immediately he contacted his wife and told her he was selling his AMG63. Once he places the order, I will suggest this site to him.

Therefore, and until he commits, this is just a "potential" conversion - and I ask if anyone has converted a friend and if so, what did s/he drive prior to the planned conversion?

2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Well, my story wasn't that I was "converted" by anyone, I kinda stumbled upon Tesla Motors last year when my Murano died and I was car shopping. But I didn't have the luxury of time to wait until I could get a model S. I ended up getting a Range Rover Evoque in January. However, once this past summer rolled around and Tesla started delivering cars, and I was getting crappy 20mpg on my Evoque and paying $600/month for premium fuel gas I got frustrated. I didn't put too much down on the Evoque and my car payment was $937 plus another $600/month in gas for 6 months. All of the sudden I really lucked out and there was a major problem with my Evoque and was able to have it lemoned since they couldn't fix it. A few weeks later I am reservation hold #13306! Playing musical cars with my family for the next few months until I get my Model S!!

3. AndreN

AndreN Member

When life gives you lemons, get a Tesla?

4. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

I'm having trouble convincing people without having the car. I also don't know many people who can afford the Model S. I think when a smaller sedan and/or a smaller SUV that are sub 40k and 300 miles come out the sales will take off like a wildfire.

5. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

6. highedu

highedu Member

I am going from a BMW M5 (5.0L v10) to the 85kwh non performance.