TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jgdixon, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

I for one will, hopefully Friday morning!

2. sundoc

sundoc Member

My P85+ production just completed yesterday and is prepping for delivery now... should be here soon. Steel Grey, Grey rims, Pano, perf black seats, black headliner, every option except stereo and napa.
    Then this happens :)

Gotta say I knew it would... Murphy's laws and all.

I'll be honest... I'm really on the fence now, depending on how much it costs and wait time, I may even consider eating my $2500 deposit and just reordering.
    Sigh... my wife already thought I was nuts with the amount of reading I've been doing and now she'll think I've completely lost it! haha

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

You know, I honestly hadn't thought about this.

For those that are "on the hook" for a confirmed configuration and are significantly upset about not being able to reconfig for a D... a $2,500 cost for changing your mind is a pittance compared to the retrofit pricing of, well, basically everything that current owners have had done thus far.

4. kizagjo

kizagjo Member

So I just re-spec-ed out my car, and it's only a $1500 price difference from what i paid, and what the D cost....
    I've driven my S around for half a year, got over 12k km on it. That $1500 might be justifiable.

Question comes to mind
    1) If you've already gotten the Ontario EV Rebate, are you eligible for another one, if you purchase another EV?
    2) What (hypothetical) would be the going rate for selling a Tesla come end of February? It'll be less than 1 year old, with ~24k of km usage on it. (85, dual chargers, pano roof, red, tech package, air suspensions, parking sensors, rear seats, and subzero package)

5. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

I will not be getting a new version for a while, but pricing just got a lot better for Canadians. The Dual (non P) option is 4,100 CAD (~3,700 USD) so it's cheaper than in the USA. More importantly, prices of the S60 and S85 were cut by $3,000, so compared to yesterday you can add Dual for only ~$1,000.

6. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

Done! Online, although a little disappointed that there are no new colours and only black interior.
    P85D grey with grey wheels, all options but 3rd seat.
    Anyone want to buy a Red Sig loaded with white interior? 40,000 kms

7. sundoc

sundoc Member

#7 sundoc, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    @Jgdixon- Congrats! Did you get a Dec delivery date?

I Just ordered as well... same specs as before.

P85D, Grey, Grey rims, CF int, Pano, all the options except Nappa (really wanted the interior lighting but its no longer available separately)

Expected delivery Dec...

8. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

Nice!

9. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yes. I have two Teslas, and got two rebates.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice. It's very tempting, but I just put a big investment into my business. Not many spare bucks lying around.

I want a ride in your car!

10. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

Yes December so our cars will be the same except for Nappa on mine and black headliner.

11. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

Looks like the range is reduced from 502 km to 440 km with the dual motors according to the TESLA website.

12. FrozenCanuck

FrozenCanuck Member

I think the AWD range is showing based on 100 km/h speeds where the RWD basic version shows a range based on a different rating. I'm not sure why they've done this.

440 km at 100 km/h is pretty decent range!

13. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Probably no EPA testing yet, so they can't compare to old range numbers yet.

14. green1

green1 Active Member

You'd think that they would try to use related numbers for each though. Seeing the lower numbers in Canada and higher numbers in the USA really causes confusion. Hopefully this will be sorted out shortly.

15. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

#15 Jaff, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    +1...I punched the order through on a full loaded (Blue with grey wheels) P85D (sans kiddie seats) a couple of hours ago...I think I need help...they say admitting that you have a problem is the first step, right? :wink:

@ Doug_G...I will be hitting the Race the Runway event with the P85D next year (if my wife ever lets me drive it...) :redface:

16. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Nice color! Does that mean the Roadster or the Sig is going???

17. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Sadly, the Red Sig will be going...I was hoping for a retrofit, but no such luck...the only thing that might possibly rip the Roadster out of my hands would be the new Roadster...ETA unknown..

18. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

Surely an oversight that the Canadian pages (English and French) are quoting fluffy NEDC range figures instead of EPA ones for RWD.

For the S85, it should start at 429 km EPA, then go to 475 km at 100 kph with the Dual Motors. However, by starting with the 502 km NEDC, it gives the impression that range drops to 475 km with D.
    Also, not sure why they don't say 475 km at 105 kph, to be equivalent to the 65 mph on the USA site.

19. Greenlight

Greenlight New Member

+1 Just made my confirm dealine to recofig from a P85 to a P85D fully loaded Blk/Blk

20. gpetti

gpetti Active Member

Done. The exact car I have now (except of whatever the seats look like) but in a p85D. Whatever happened to "plus"? Not sure if the D is essentially tuned as plus or if it just doesn't apply.