Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P85+ production just completed yesterday and is prepping for delivery now... should be here soon. Steel Grey, Grey rims, Pano, perf black seats, black headliner, every option except stereo and napa.
Then this happens :)

Gotta say I knew it would... Murphy's laws and all.

I'll be honest... I'm really on the fence now, depending on how much it costs and wait time, I may even consider eating my $2500 deposit and just reordering.
Sigh... my wife already thought I was nuts with the amount of reading I've been doing and now she'll think I've completely lost it! haha

your vehicle is new enough to have all the sensors and other hardware for the auto pilot stuff though I would think ?? hopefully anyway !!

+1...I punched the order through on a full loaded (Blue with grey wheels) P85D (sans kiddie seats) a couple of hours ago...I think I need help...they say admitting that you have a problem is the first step, right? :wink:

@ Doug_G...I will be hitting the Race the Runway event with the P85D next year (if my wife ever lets me drive it...) :redface:

P85D, didn't take long to up sell your self from S85D!

My P85+ production just completed yesterday and is prepping for delivery now... should be here soon. Steel Grey, Grey rims, Pano, perf black seats, black headliner, every option except stereo and napa.
Then this happens :)

Gotta say I knew it would... Murphy's laws and all.

I'll be honest... I'm really on the fence now, depending on how much it costs and wait time, I may even consider eating my $2500 deposit and just reordering.
Sigh... my wife already thought I was nuts with the amount of reading I've been doing and now she'll think I've completely lost it! haha

I feel for you Sundoc. Hopefully, they didn't send you an invite to the event yesterday. That would have been salt in the wound. I find it odd that they invite current owners and tell them about the cool new stuff their cars don't have.

I won't be selling mine and upgrading although I'd really like the AWD. The problem in BC is that we have a luxury car tax that raises our PST to 10% (from 7%) on these cars. Add that to 5% GST and it's an extra $15k on a $100k car. That's a lot to justify after only owning my car for 6 months. I would sell my vehicle if it only involved the loss in value of my vehicle but with this amount of taxes it's just not worth it. Even when we used to have the $5,000 EV Rebate, which is gone now and unlikely to ever come back, we still paid $5K more than Alberta next door with no PST. The bright side to my purchase 6 months ago was that I got both the $5k rebate on the vehicle and $500 on the HPWC. But I see now the HPWC has fallen to $800 with a new vehicle purchase.

Oh well, I still love the vehicle and I expected this to happen. I kinda feel like I have an "A" battery. Maybe we need to start a similar thread... ;)

So just got off the phone... amazing situation :)

My P85+ has been cancelled... and my initial $2500 deposit has been rolled into my new build! WIN WIN

@babstud- yeah my P+ had all the sensors (auto) stuff, no DD though... in all honesty I doubt I'll use the auto stuff much anyway, just really wanted the DD!

Super excited :)

@Canuck- thanks for the kind words :) it all worked out though. No invite to the event either.

The P85D sounds like a hell of a vehicle, and the price point doesn't sound unreasonable, given the additions. That being said, I love the hell out of my underperforming old tech S85, and I'm quite content to let the Silent White Ghost take me where I want to go for the foreseeable future!

So just got off the phone... amazing situation :)

My P85+ has been cancelled... and my initial $2500 deposit has been rolled into my new build! WIN WIN

@babstud- yeah my P+ had all the sensors (auto) stuff, no DD though... in all honesty I doubt I'll use the auto stuff much anyway, just really wanted the DD!

Super excited :)

@Canuck- thanks for the kind words :) it all worked out though. No invite to the event either.

Who did you phone? Tesla direct or your DS. My DS rarely answers his emails.

I changed my order today with the Toronto service centre - just awaiting email confirmation. Chose just about every option, except the upgraded interior package. I'd like the lights, but the yacht floor and leather extended interior isn't a must have. At the price of over $4500 I decided to leave that off. Can't wait to get an even better car!

Who did you phone? Tesla direct or your DS. My DS rarely answers his emails.

Send your DS an email ASAP. I believe they have a system in place for upgrading current builds.
I should be getting an email in the next day or two confirming my above post in writing, I'll update once that happens.

Personally, I'd resolved that losing my deposit was worth the upgrade anyway... So this is icing on the cake!

@canuck- more and more I realize that Tesla does indeed try to do right by everyone, classy for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

@terapin- congrats! I too really wanted the lights but not the napa... So opted out of it.

So far in this thread count I 5 P85Ds coming in Dec... Wow

Hmmm, I am so temped to join the trade in ranks, but I also have an X on order and I assume they will have a similar configuration with an X85D++ or something like that. Since I have only had my baby since May, really hard to justify doing a trade in on the haircut you get pulling off the lot. If I had it for 18months, it would be a no brainer, no different that a new model year coming out for any other manufacturer. So for now, I will wait, wah.

As a P85 Sig owner, the one thing this announcement did for me was stop me pining for the parking sensors. What's the point of those now? I am amazed at the pace of Tesla's innovation -- they are much more like an Apple or Google than a GM or Toyota. So we shouldn't be surprised by the pace of change and improvement. But unlike moving from an iPhone y to iPhone y+2 every couple years to "keep pace", most of us just can't. So we'll have to be very happy with our wonderful cars, and even happier for those that are getting the new ones. And also happy for all those folks who couldn't afford to go new but will be getting used Model Ss -- that is going to greatly expand the Tesla footprint and can't help but be a good thing.

Still, I wonder if there should be a TMC "buyers guide" just like the Mac Rumours ones, that tracks the # of days since the last update/revision, to give some potentially useful guidance to anyone thinking of buying a Tesla. Or at the very least, it would seem one is rewarded for buying *right after* something is announced, so that you'll have the maximum # of days at the top of the curve...Fun stuff.

And I always have my Model X reservation to keep me amused and looking forward to the future:)

Exciting days.