Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is also stuck on 2020.48.37.6 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If mcu1 is the reason of getting stuck then Tesla should make an other batch of software or update my mcu1 for free. I paid for fsd and got nothing…
You are not stuck. You have the latest and greatest that your Tesla is able to handle.

You have access to the optional Infotainment Ugrade Package. It is an option. FSD in it’s final form should hopefully work with MCU/1. FSD in it’s final form won’t be showing any visualizations so it may not need MCU/2.

Upgrading to the Infotainment Ugrade Package is a good idea if you want all the cool stuff like the games and entertainment options.

• Disagree
Reactions: dbldwn02
If mcu1 is the reason of getting stuck then Tesla should make an other batch of software or update my mcu1 for free. I paid for fsd and got nothing…
But for FSD, you still need the Upgrade to HW 3.0 (FSD Computer). It should be free of charge for replacing the Touch Screen + IC. With MCU1 as already been told, you will have no FSD visualization on you IC (Instrument Cluster).

I'm also stuck on 2020.48. Are we missing out on any features besides FSD beta? I'm assuming they've made some other feature releases, including AP improvements during this time. I'm curious how significant these ~11 months of updates are.

Is voice nav working for anyone else? Voice commands on my MCU1 S worked great for the first few years but now is pretty much unusable. I'm assuming MCU2 would fix this.

I don't mind upgrading to MCU2, but I am tempted to hold out if the updates aren't significant, and there's a chance MCU3 will be out soon.

I just got a new 2020.48.37.8. The only changes are being able to view your cellular connection info and a new feature allowing you to remain connected to wifi while driving. This means you can turn on your phone's hotspot and stay connected to that while driving. I'm guessing this is Tesla's solution for those who still have a 3G modem.

I just got a new 2020.48.37.8. The only changes are being able to view your cellular connection info and a new feature allowing you to remain connected to wifi while driving. This means you can turn on your phone's hotspot and stay connected to that while driving. I'm guessing this is Tesla's solution for those who still have a 3G modem.
One day they'll fix the USB MP3 album art and then I'll never upgrade again.

You are not stuck. You have the latest and greatest that your Tesla is able to handle.

You have access to the optional Infotainment Ugrade Package. It is an option. FSD in it’s final form should hopefully work with MCU/1. FSD in it’s final form won’t be showing any visualizations so it may not need MCU/2.

Upgrading to the Infotainment Ugrade Package is a good idea if you want all the cool stuff like the games and entertainment options.
If only the CAR with MCU1 on NOA does not loose navigation, NOA, GPS and ability to resume a route on reboot... :), this has been my experience.

No, it isn't a limitation on the MCU1. There are plenty of MCU1 cars out there with 2021.40 software, even older ones with Autopilot 1. On Teslafi, over 30% of AP1 cars are on 2021.40 software.
It is a limitation on the configuration of MCU1 and FSD updates from AP2.5 to AP3 hardware. So few people have this configuration that Tesla won't bother with testing their latest software on this combination.
This isn't a hardware limitation. It is a Tesla not caring limitation.
I was getting regular software updates right up until I went in for the AP3 hardware upgrade. Not one software update since.
AP3 hardware hasn't added a single feature from my old configuration, and has effectively frozen any software bug fixes and feature improvements. Had I known at the time that I would gain nothing and lose much, I would have never upgraded to AP3 hardware.

No, it isn't a limitation on the MCU1. There are plenty of MCU1 cars out there with 2021.40 software, even older ones with Autopilot 1. On Teslafi, over 30% of AP1 cars are on 2021.40 software.
It is a limitation on the configuration of MCU1 and FSD updates from AP2.5 to AP3 hardware. So few people have this configuration that Tesla won't bother with testing their latest software on this combination.
This isn't a hardware limitation. It is a Tesla not caring limitation.
I was getting regular software updates right up until I went in for the AP3 hardware upgrade. Not one software update since.
AP3 hardware hasn't added a single feature from my old configuration, and has effectively frozen any software bug fixes and feature improvements. Had I known at the time that I would gain nothing and lose much, I would have never upgraded to AP3 hardware.
Your car stops at green and red lights now! Lol.

Yea, I feel like they're slow rolling us on purpose to get as many people as possible to pay for MCU2 before having to offer it up for free, along with a bunch of cameras too.

Reactions: Interferon
Yep, my March 2015 S85D got that Wednesday afternoon. I got a notification on my iPhone and went to the app to start the update.

I was really hoping it would add the feature to set charging amps and/or charging time which was recently added to the newer vehicles. Nope. Bummer.
Just be happy it didn't break anything.

I had to update as the SvC was going to replace my chip.

The only downside beside small IC fonts, seems to be a new varient of the regen gate virus. Now the pack has to be 68 deg for full regen, used to be 64 or so IIRC.

Good thing I'm in socal, and climate change is coming...

Just be happy it didn't break anything.

I had to update as the SvC was going to replace my chip.

The only downside beside small IC fonts, seems to be a new varient of the regen gate virus. Now the pack has to be 68 deg for full regen, used to be 64 or so IIRC.

Good thing I'm in socal, and climate change is coming...
Yea, cold weather sucks. My Regen is cutting out bad after sitting outside at work when the high is 50-55.