TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Who is contacted when order was placed through a family members account?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by EerieP, Jul 20, 2018.

1. EerieP

EerieP Member

We placed our order through my wifes sisters account in May before the floodgates opened, though we are the ones registered for the vehicle. When it's time to schedule pickup who is contacted?

2. Koflach

Koflach Member

Whoever's contact info is on the account will most likely be the one who's contacted. I ordered mine through my cousins account but changed all the contact info to mine. I confirmed with Tesla that they will use my contact info as his is no longer on the account.

3. EerieP

EerieP Member

This makes sense and aligns with what I was expecting. When you changed the contact info didn't that mean you started receiving all emails and any calls that were meant for your cousin though?

4. Koflach

Koflach Member

the only thing he had with Tesla was the reservation for a Model 3 so no, he wasn't missing anything.