Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is Ed and why didn't he like Bluey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all first time post so be gentle!

I just returned from looking at a few used teslas (model s)

One in particular caught my eye, a 2017 75D so from the drivers profile I could see Ed was the prior owner, but he didn't like bluey. (the name he gave the car)

The car had under 400 miles on it so has less miles than some new inventory.

So it's used meaning no Tesla PCP.
It was also a 60D not 75, so I guess they haven't updated the range yet.

The thing is still over £69k so not a great saving on new.

What would you do buy this or custom order?

This has free supercharging and ap2 which is why I was interested.

On the other side of the coin I could get free charging with a referral anyway and PCP a new one which makes the monthly cheaper.

Thanks for reading and appreciate your thoughts!!

but he didn't like bluey

He may have just borrowed it for the weekend, and put his name in ... rather than buying it and chucking it after 400 miles !

the sales lady did not know if bluey had an accident etc

This sort of thing just gets Tesla a bad name and they should do something about it. If a salesperson didn't know everything about a car I was interested in there would be a very high chance that I would walk ... and they would lose the sale - particularly any question along the lines of "Is this the result of an accident" where the sales person didn't know the answer, or didn't answer with "I will get that information to you within the hour"

It sounds to me more like the car was rejected, and 400 miles put on it whilst they tried to sort out what was wrong. There have been a few rejected on paint issues, bad orange peel effect and the like.

I certainly wouldn't touch it without chapter and verse and agree with @WannabeOwner , they really need to get their act together.

Disappointed to not have a response from Tesla yet regarding the vehicle

Generally speaking all the staff are very well meaning and work hard. Unfortunately they either have too much to do or their client contact systems are inadequate - or both! Responses to emails can be problematic as a consequence, so if you have the time a visit to the showroom or service centre would be the quickest way forward IMO.

I emailed to ask about the cars history so lets see how they respond.
Anecdotally I get the impression some Tesla GB stores / sales centres can be very poor at replying via e-mail. If you're still waiting for a reply I'd recommend phoning and/or trying a different location. For the record I've dealt with Tesla staff in Bristol, Manchester and Edinburgh and they have always been very good, but I do get the impression it can be patchy (while remembering that forums will tend to amplify the "poor service" stories).

Given the inventory prices have dropped and CPO havent I wont be buying Bluey - you can get a new 75D for £200 more (and than includes the subzero pack that bluey doesn't have)

That being said I've decided to hold fire anyway until I know the story of if I can get a chargepoint installed where I live. Two hurdles to overcome are cost and landlord permission as its a leasehold...