Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is getting a Tesla Cybertruck

Are you excited about the new Cybertruck

• Yes, take my money

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • No, that isn’t a truck

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Undecided, don’t know what to think

Votes: 24 21.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No way I'd trade in my 3 to drive something that big. And I'm not a fan of the styling either.

But...my wife has an X because she needs a big car to carry her bike almost daily and get her large elderly father inside comfortably. We've been really happy with the X, but...she loves the Cybertruck design, it seems to fit her needs as well, plus she can also take it camping with the tent topper that Musk tweeted Tesla would actually make (although he didn't say when). (She's been pushing me to buy a tent trailer to tow with the X, but I wanted to wait for the truck reveal in case something like this happened).

So, we have a reservation in, and we may end up trading our X in on one. I will have to measure, I don't think it will fit in the garage, but I suppose it would fit on the driveway.

I'm seriously considering replacing my 2016 Model X P90D with the Cybertruck as it seems like a perfect evolution for my particular use case. When I got the Model X, we had new twins babies. The X held everything we needed for road trips and the falcon wing doors were an absolute dream for getting them buckled in and out of car seats. Granted, when they were younger, the X would be packed full with a twin stroller, travel cribs, and luggage, but it worked. Now that they're older, and will be 7 or 8 when the Cybertruck comes out, I'm thinking that the truck will better suit our purposes. Much longer range on the three motor I reserved. I can put four bikes in the bed, where as I would have needed a trailer bike rack on the X. Easier packing for sports equipment. The X is great, but I always babied the interior. It seems like I can be more carefree with packing a Cybertruck. Having a new house with lots of landscaping to install, I can the truck having more utility than the X.
The Model X leans more towards people hauling with some cargo hauling capability and the CTruck flips this with being better at cargo hauling with less utility towards people hauling. I've never driven a truck before so while I'm sure it can function well as a grocery getter (frunk and bed storage), I'm not sure how comfortable it will be (it's very large) as a daily commuter. Will the size be difficult or cumbersome to drive daily? Will there be more road noise with its big knobby tires? Will it have a heated steering wheel/ winter package? Will the seats be comfortable for long car trips? These are the things I'll need to know before I replace my daily driver Model X.

Leasing the Raven. Lease ends in September 2022, so right on time for tri motor CT. Would be perfect for trips from bay area to the Sierra without stopping and carrying mountain bikes.

Just need to convince wife to give up the X.

I have ordered a tri-motor Cybertruck to replace my X90D. Will be much better for me carrying around exhibit stock with more space and 500 mile range.

Will keep my X100D in the UK. The Cybertruck would be far too large on the small roads (and even smaller parking places) this side of the pond.

I put down a day 2 deposit because for $100 who really cares, right? As to whether I’ll buy one, and as a current X owner, I kind of doubt it. The specs and price are great, but the sheer size combined with the styling are seriously weighing on me. Good thing we all have a couple years to process, but I feel like the design will never appeal to me.

I put down a day 2 deposit because for $100 who really cares, right? As to whether I’ll buy one, and as a current X owner, I kind of doubt it. The specs and price are great, but the sheer size combined with the styling are seriously weighing on me. Good thing we all have a couple years to process, but I feel like the design will never appeal to me.

Would you change the design to pay 25K more and have one hundred miles less range?

It completely baffles me that people have no idea what they are looking at.

6 persons seating PLUS a 6.5 foot bed of cargo capacity?

I hope the people who reserve in front of me cancel so I get to front of line quicker.

Cybertruck is raw brutal utilitarian pragmatic machine of doom.

Teslas most brilliant product yet.