Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is getting this low frequency rumbling with the M3? Is it the Heat pump or something else? Poll

Do you have a low frequency rumbling and noice when parked?

• No with a 2021 Model 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to figure out where the this low frequency rumbling and noise is coming from in my 2021 Model 3. I get it every 40-60 seconds when I park (you do get it while driving as well but you don’t notice it as much).

In some posts I’ve read that this is normal in the 2021 models and that it is caused by the Heat pump. Other posts suggest that this happens on pre-model 2021 M3 as well when there is an imbalance in the condenser fan (?) and should be fixed.

So I thought I do a poll. If most 2021 M3 owners have this rumble and noise and hardly any pre-2021 owners then it is clear it is most likely the heat pump. If you get both 2021 and pre-2021 owners complaining (but in a smaller percentage then the ones that don’t have it) then it is clear there is something wrong and this is not normal.

Please vote according to your experience.

I’m pretty sure I heard this today in my MIC 2021 LR while charging at home. It was like a low thrum that would phase in and then out again every 10 seconds or so. It wasn’t quiet noise but noticeable

Yup got this. Did a little research and got told that its due to be fixed in a firmware update. Something to do with the heat pump ramping up too aggresively. Not sure I buy it but....forgot to ask about it when I dropped my car off at the SC actually. Hopefully I'll remember by the time I pick it up again.