Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is going to try out autopilot?

Who is going to try out autopilot?

• Might wait quite a while, not sure when I'll try it out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the average age of a Tesla Model S buyer? It's an expensive car. Expensive cars are typically bought by older people. Older people are typically more cautious. ergo, QED, ipso facto, or something.

I live in the SF Bay Area. I don't see old people driving this car, but rather, I see all kinds of people driving this car.

Here, first autopilot video is out: https://youtu.be/Cw7Esg-txR0

I live in the SF Bay Area. I don't see old people driving this car, but rather, I see all kinds of people driving this car.

Here, first autopilot video is out: https://youtu.be/Cw7Esg-txR0

First bug spotted? Note the left rear sensor false positives for a car in driver side blind spot, even though the car is in left-most lane @1:17. Can I change my vote? Heh, who am I kidding? ;-)
image.jpeg

First bug spotted? Note the left rear sensor false positives for a car in driver side blind spot, even though the car is in left-most lane @1:17. Can I change my vote? Heh, who am I kidding? ;-)
View attachment 97699
The defect is that the sensor occasionally doesn't see something there. Keep in mind there's a pretty solid looking barrier along that side the whole time.

Either way though, it's irrelevant, the current autopilot doesn't change lanes without human interaction, so it doesn't matter if it can accurately see something there.

The defect is that the sensor occasionally doesn't see something there. Keep in mind there's a pretty solid looking barrier along that side the whole time.

Either way though, it's irrelevant, the current autopilot doesn't change lanes without human interaction, so it doesn't matter if it can accurately see something there.

Considering he seems to be playing with the stalks a lot, could he have been trying to change into the lane to the left of him, and side collision warning is notifying him that there is an obstacle there and therefore it won't do it???

Who is going to be the first to try it on this road?

lol - any SCs up there?

mind you get some good regen on the way down to the coast Pacific side iirc :)

- - - Updated - - -

It's already Thursday in Australia. Wonder if anyone there has got the notification yet....?

thought is was US only first; ROW in a few weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Tesla will see an increase in data consumption as people use the web browser while driving.. That would be an interesting behavioral experiment

That's exactly what Tesla would want: real life data for autopilot!!!

Consider that Google only has 23 SUVs driving a total of 1 million miles in 3 years or so. And let's assume that Tesla has 40000 cars capable of autopilot (definitely more by now). They could potentially collect 1 million autopilot miles in a day!

Who is going to be the first to try it on this road?

That would be a challenge! From Wikipedia:

Bolivia has right-hand traffic, with the exception of the notorious El Camino de la Muerte ("The Road of Death")—or simply known as Yungas Road, where it drives on left. The reason for this configuration is to help drivers see their outer wheel while traversing the road.

Last edited by a moderator: