TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Who is picking up the MX on Sep 29th?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by freeewilly, Sep 18, 2015.

1. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

Anyone you know is scheduled to pickup MX on Sep 29th??

2. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Please see the other threads. Only founders are getting their cars on Feb 29th. No sigs or production cars.

3. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

I would be interesting to learn which founders, though. If anyone has public information on who's on that very exclusive list, please share!

4. P90D

P90D Member

They were unremarkable in terms of the elbows Elon Musk rubs, so perhaps it was simply a first-clicked, first served affair. It wasn't even apparent if they drove home that day or simply took a ceremonial key and symbolic car.
    Apparently only four customers were there (aside from 1000 onlooking customers, I didn't see any special situation for Sig buyers, so I guess that's an entirely separate dog and pony show.)

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The only new X owner I recognized on stage last night was Steve Jurvetson.
    I did hear Elon say, to a woman who went up on stage by herself to receive a key fob from him and who was then driven off the stage in a X, something to the effect that she was "a stand in for Sergey." My interpretation is that she took delivery of the car for Sergey Brin, one of the founders of Google.