Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is using 'smart preconditioning'?

Do you use 'smart preconditioning'?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to and it just never worked well. For me the time I go to work or leave work varies (usually +/- and hour) enough that it never seemed to work. Some days I go to lunch, some days I do not. What works better for me is just using the app to precondition. Of course I don't always think about it.

It would be nice if the app could detect I was walking to the car, and then turn it on.

Reactions: David99
I had it on for a while but I'd find my car heating at 9 or 10pm when I hadn't gone anywhere at that time recently and wasn't planning on it.
This was a while ago, not sure what firmware. It was much better than the first version/time I tried it, it did seem to figure out the morning decently + afternoon leaving work (When the car didn't really need to be conditioned based on temperature but it would do it anyway...should have some temp limits you could adjust maybe?)
now I just have a morning preheat time set on Teslafi if my car is plugged in....why doesn't Tesla have a dumb preconditioning option? too difficult to program or what?

perhaps I’m a minority, but I’d love to have an option to set the schedule manually sun-sat, where you can set a pre-condition start and duration time, at least once a day.

Preferably it could be updated by your phone like an alarm clock.

I’m not predictable enough for even myself to know my schedule beyond 7 days so I can’t see how a computer could either.

perhaps I’m a minority, but I’d love to have an option to set the schedule manually sun-sat, where you can set a pre-condition start and duration time, at least once a day.

I’m not predictable enough for even myself to know my schedule beyond 7 days so I can’t see how a computer could either.

Same here. You would think it can't be that hard to program into the phone app... But then, we did have to wait this long for rain sensing wipers...;)

The app 'Dashboard for Tesla' does all of that.

Nissan Leaf has 2 programmable timers and an additional manual alarm timer on app. Exactly how you wished. And I wish tesla could do that too.
Tesla could actually make it better by making location based timer for smart preconditioning.

Reactions: pakman00
That's the one thing I just don't understand. There are several apps out there that do a much better job than the Tesla app. They have more features and do the things people want. These apps are a side project from single people. How on earth can a single person doing a side project outdo a company like Tesla on their own app?