Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who killed the British Auto Industry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Brits themselves. The UK auto industry needs to do some soul-searching. In the past, the laissez-faire relationship with the Tories was obviously good enough for it to be able to sell off all UK car brands (except Morgan). So it became completely dependent on what's decided by the new foreign owners and investors. Now that UK car plants have to fear for their existence, the relationship clearly isn't that great that the UK auto industry could prevent the Tories from stubbornly pursuing Brexit. The bitter irony! An orderly Brexit is negative for the UK auto industry, a no-deal Brexit would be devastating!

• Informative
Reactions: Brando
The Brits themselves. The UK auto industry needs to do some soul-searching. In the past, the laissez-faire relationship with the Tories was obviously good enough for it to be able to sell off all UK car brands (except Morgan). So it became completely dependent on what's decided by the new foreign owners and investors. Now that UK car plants have to fear for their existence, the relationship clearly isn't that great that the UK auto industry could prevent the Tories from stubbornly pursuing Brexit. The bitter irony! An orderly Brexit is negative for the UK auto industry, a no-deal Brexit would be devastating!
you'd really enjoy those two videos - get details - problem not just the government

I had Jaguars since 1970 and the biggest problem was the British suppliers of parts for their cars. Most of the rubber, electrics (Lucas, the prince of darkness) and other parts were not up to standards. Also the build was less than stellar. I loved them but was able to do my own repairs, they said drive them for 1 hour and work on them for 2. Once Ford purchased them in 1989 they benchmark the parts with Japanese components and the cars became much more reliable.

• Informative
Reactions: Brando and mspohr