TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Who Killed The Electric Car" 2006 - Full movie on Youtube July 10th 2012

Discussion in 'Video' started by PV4EV, Jul 10, 2012.

1. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

Not sure if this is a re-post, but hey ..

Whilst watching Model S vids on youtube, I came across the full length version of "WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR" !

Seems it was uploaded 2 days ago. Not sure if its legit, or if it will be pulled for IPR reasons, but if you've never seen it here it is :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKgpXDs25TI

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Link works for me.

3. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Thanks, watched it tonight. I hadn't planned on seeing it because, frankly, that's the past at this point, but I really enjoyed the various interviews. Lutz in particular was a far more interesting individual than I would have expected.

4. GeogMan

GeogMan Member

Thanks for reminding me. Every prospective buyer of these cars should watch this film. Now I understand why TESLA has been so reluctant to lease these vehicles. Lease them and the powers that be can force you to recall them. Sell them, and the cars are no longer yours to recall. As ckessel suggests, try to see this film before it disappears, along with the environment, our schools, and our health care system, not to mention our Bill of Rights.

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Well, as long as there's always a job for the tin/foil manufacturers ;)

6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

You can always purchase the video or download it from the iTunes store.

7. Zzzz...

Zzzz... Member

Love the advertisement that GM produced for EV-1... Scary:cool:
    Ad starts at around 19:10 from the beginning of the video.

8. lgagliardi

lgagliardi Member

Makes me realize even more how important it is for me to stand behind what I believe. I am purchasing my model s to bring about electric vehicles. We all need to stand behind Tesla and get this done!

9. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

> Lease them and the powers that be can force you to recall them. [GeogMan]

Kinda doubt that happened here. GM did a full retreat on the EV-1 all on its own. Lutz was there, but not part of the decision. Being newish, he missed out on the first maneuvers of the recall. Says he might've effected a reconsideration if he had acted fast enough. Seems believable. But once that diesel locomotive started down the tracks, the EV-1 was history.
    --

10. Isbrown

Isbrown Member

Not in Aus

Not available when I try the link here in Australia. Nor is the video available on iTunes. Keeping the colonials in the dark as usual?

11. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Can you buy it on Amazon.com or do you have a DVD rental service such as Netflix?

12. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

I bought the DVD through Amazon.

13. wstuff

wstuff Junior Member

This car was not pulled by GM all on their own, IMHO, but the sad truth is what was accomplished with 1990's battery technology. Everyone that had one of these cars wanted it, how could you say there was no interest, the really sad thing is where would EV's be today if the development was allowed to continue 30 years down the road, the ICE might be a dinosaur and oil would be $40 a barrel and yes I used to work for 2 of the top oil producers in the world.