Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who makes these wheels? - Found cool wheelset for Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Browsed through some Roadster pics / threads via google today and found these cool wheels mounted on the Roadster which appear to have been from an auto show. Thread date was 2007 and rear plate is an MFG plate, so Tesla or possibly Yoko borrowing it from Tesla. Curious who makes these rims I want them! Looking at it, it appears to be also marketing the Yokohama Advan tires by the signs surrounding the Roadster. Hence the rim selection I guess. Just looking at them, it appears that the fronts are 17" and rears 18". The fill in all that ugly space that the 16"/17" combo leaves behind unless the car is dropped. The rears also have a slight 'dish' to them which I like, not enough to screw up the handling geometry but enough to give sweet aesthetics and balance to the Roadster's natural sexy lines.

Also the front's look like 205's and the rear's 235 or 245's in width.

Also look how large the mesh screens are in the front/rear of the Roadster. I actually like that larger size, however more crap can work its way in... Rear tail lights appear to be an iteration Tesla was playing with, no red dot / reflector on the inner light.

Thread:
Official Thread: 2007 SEMA Las Vegas - Page 5

Pics:

112_0711_09z+2008_tesla_roadster+side_view.jpg

112_0711_08z+2008_tesla_roadster+rear_three_quarter_view.jpg

112_0711_06z+2008_tesla_roadster+front_three_quarters_view.jpg

112_0711_07z+2008_tesla_roadster+rear_view.jpg

112_0711_05z+2008_tesla_roadster+front_view.jpg

Last edited:
Can't find our PCD / Bolt pattern for these, they must have made a small custom batch for Yoko/Tesla for that I cant find any 5x110 configuration for any style rim by these guys.

I'll most likely use these pics to design the custom wheels I originally proposed by Boze wheels. I think the Boze ones may look even better once outfitted. Had the same idea, putting a slight dish in the rear set to accent the flow of the lines and body as it flares out towards the rear. Will be going for the 17" front and 18" rear when I do since as we see in the pics if fills out the Roadster the way it should be asteticwise.

Roadster BozeForged Wheels Group Buy - Idea...

Also the cost for the Volk Racing rims per wheel is close, slightly less, to what Boze wanted for a custom forged rim in the same wheel configuration.