Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who manufactures USA Tesla Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assumed that Superchargers were built by Tesla, but I wanted to confirm that.
When I went to check out the construction of the Ontario, OR Supercharger, the equipment was there on the pallets with the white plastic protective bags over them, and I saw the shipping labels that were on the outside of them, and it showed right there the Supercharger cabinet shipping from the Gigafactory in Buffalo, NY to Ontario, OR.

• Informative
Reactions: camthehombre
The urban Superchargers are not made by Tesla, the other Superchargers are. Someone posted a picture of an urban charger being installed, the box clearly stated that it was made by IIRC Foxconn. If it wasnt Foxconn then it was another Chinese/Taiwanese company

The urban Superchargers are not made by Tesla, the other Superchargers are. Someone posted a picture of an urban charger being installed, the box clearly stated that it was made by IIRC Foxconn. If it wasnt Foxconn then it was another Chinese/Taiwanese company

Maybe that was a transformer? Also, sometimes the super charger (or some part thereof) is installed in what is a standard electrical box.

Also, its not unlikely that they are made in China and outsourced. Or some component of the system is made in china, like a logic controller board.