Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who needs a bike (trike) rack with the room in this car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ironically today I took my ICE SUV with my recumbent bike for a ride along the coast. I haven't tried to put it in the Model S, my sense is that it won't fit (and clearly not in the X)

It is a Easy Racer recumbent, a Gold Rush if I remember the name. A truly sweet bike but really long and quite high.

I'm intrigued as to how one mounts that thing on a hitch mount!
PS/ Thanks for your reply up-thread to my question on getting to Emerald Isle. We haven't made it out to Emerald Isle yet with our MS, but did go to the Outer Banks last year, in large part due to the Plymouth SC.

There's a special hitch rack for transporting trikes. Slots for the two front wheels, one for the rear, with rubber stretchy things to hold the wheels down. Once the Ecohitch is installed (next week) I'll take some photos.

But being the mod freak I am, I'm now planning to make my own hitch rack out of carbon fiber components. The parts to do it are available and it would probably weigh less than 10 lbs as opposed to the near 40lbs of the steel hitch rack. Shooting to have that ready when the carbonfiber trike arrives in December.

- - - Updated - - -

Ironically today I took my ICE SUV with my recumbent bike for a ride along the coast. I haven't tried to put it in the Model S, my sense is that it won't fit (and clearly not in the X)

It is a Easy Racer recumbent, a Gold Rush if I remember the name. A truly sweet bike but really long and quite high.

I know the Gold Rush. It's a very large recumbent two-wheeler and it probably won't fit unless you removed the wheels.

We have 2 bikes each but my wife is tall and so has a large frame bike. We have problems fitting both her custom frame 700C wheel road bike and also her folder Air Friday travel bike in the Model S. The issue is not so much the size of the interior, that's adequate, but rather the small size of the rear hatch opening compare to our previous Subaru wagon. We have to remove the seat boom or stem from the Bike Friday, even when folded, just s that we can get it in through the rear hatch. We were hoping to manage without it but now we are going to get an Eco Hitch for our trusty Thule bike rack.