Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who ordered S Plaid/Plaid+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already had an order in. I'm being told to "access the self-service tab and upgrade to the new configuration", but such a tab does not exist.

Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: I am on the "Prepare for Delivery" step. I believe I need to be rolled back a step. No one I have talked to knows how to do that.

Edit 2: The issue was with firefox. It worked fine in chrome.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyleDay
Ordered the Straight Plaid yesterday after the announcement. There is a lot of speculation about the differences. My sense is if the Plaid can do <2.0 than it’s going to get big/wide meats and probably will have the same tri-motors. Major diff likely for the Plaid+ will be the huge battery / cooling that can dump all those amps at will.

I got the trade-in quote on my S and was about to push the button on the new + but the more I read about the stupid steering wheel design, I realized I didn't want to be a beta tester for $140k.

I'll wait until I can drive one.

When I saw the updated design yesterday I hated it and decided to move on, but then I thought let me sleep on it and decide after.
Slept on it, yep same feeling, stupid steering yoke, too gimmicky for me. Got an appointment with Porsche and will be going with the panamera.
I let my Plaid order from last year roll over into Plaid+.
I suspect the Porsche has MANY advantages over the Plaid / +, but value-for-money wise, the Tesla still presents a COMPELLING argument.
One may say the Porsche driving experience is beyond price, in which case: good luck to one.
But if you end up ordering another tesla in the next 12 months, I will not be surprised.

85nui31jd0e61.jpg
When I saw the updated design yesterday I hated it and decided to move on, but then I thought let me sleep on it and decide after.

Slept on it, yep same feeling, stupid steering yoke, too gimmicky for me. Got an appointment with Porsche and will be going with the panamera.
The round steering will be an option. This asset was in the back end of the Tesla servers.

I let my Plaid order from last year roll over into Plaid+.
I suspect the Porsche has MANY advantages over the Plaid / +, but value-for-money wise, the Tesla still presents a COMPELLING argument.
One may say the Porsche driving experience is beyond price, in which case: good luck to one.
But if you end up ordering another tesla in the next 12 months, I will not be surprised.
Honestly I would not be surprised either.
If Tesla offers an actual steering wheel or one can be purchased from a 3rd party company then I don’t see why I wouldn’t be back. Definitely intrigued by the specs and the range.

It’s actually kind of sad, even my wife who hates Tesla after the service center debacle she went through, mentioned how it’s sad I’m trading in our final model s.

I already had an order in. I'm being told to "access the self-service tab and upgrade to the new configuration", but such a tab does not exist.

Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: I am on the "Prepare for Delivery" step. I believe I need to be rolled back a step. No one I have talked to knows how to do that.

Edit 2: The issue was with firefox. It worked fine in chrome.
How did it work, exactly? I’ve got a MX on order since 1/10...

How did it work, exactly? I’ve got a MX on order since 1/10..
I contacted the gallery rep that helped me back in November. She had me go to edit configuration. As we walked through it it seemed like I was placing a new order. There are two discounts FSD if you ordered before it went to 10k it’s honored. There is a 2k discount for existing orders. The discounts do not show until they review your order and email order agreement.
I was also told my place in the order lineup would remain the same. I had picked end of March on a hunch and she indicated it would sti be end of March.

• Informative
Reactions: DIL
I ordered yesterday! Regular Plaid. Will be a nice upgrade from my 75D! I am pretty sure in the next few weeks there will be an option for a regular steering wheel. I think this is Tesla putting "feelers" out there for this. They won't start producing these for another 2 weeks.

Reactions: DIL and ICUDoc
Just in conversation, I asked a Tesla sales representative today not for precise figures of course, but just for a rough ballpark idea of the number of Model S Plaid (original name) or (now) Plaid+ subscriptions. He would not provide me with any information. Is that in itself indicative of anything? Or is it just normal Tesla secrecy around a new launch?