Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who ordered S Plaid/Plaid+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, what was your config and price? I'm trying to figure out why mine is 2500 cheaper than ordering one now. $2000 was from FSD (8k at res, 10k now), but not sure where the other 500 is from.
Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 9.14.08 PM.png

Price just went up by 10k for Plaid + Glad kept my reservation. Was thinking of replacing it with plaid but will wait..

Hmmmm. So will it stick?

Early pre-announce reservation holders are potentially looking at a 12.5k discount.
  • 0.5k less on non-black interiors (1.5k vs 2.0k)
  • 2.0k less on FSD (8k vs 10k)
  • New price increase of 10k.

Hmmmm. So will it stick?

Early pre-announce reservation holders are potentially looking at a 12.5k discount.
  • 0.5k less on non-black interiors (1.5k vs 2.0k)
  • 2.0k less on FSD (8k vs 10k)
  • New price increase of 10k.

Damn! Now with $12.5k off maybe I get the Plaid+ and eventually sell it for the Roadster if that’s the direction I want to go versus just waiting for both to be out and choosing. Depending on how that EV bill comes out we could be looking at essentially $20k off.

Man I hope the Plaid+ is as fun as the Model 3 to drive on a twisting road.

• Love
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
I suppose the optimistic view for reservation holders would be that the plaid+ will be introduced much sooner than the mid-22 date that's in effect for new orders, and the $10k price increase just put in coincident with the appearance of the mid-22 date means that the orders on the book already use up all the scarce 4680 cells they are willing to allocate to the model S through mid-22. The raise in price to a $30k premium over regular plaid from a $20k premium is there to pick off any people who are willing to pay more and wait until mid-22, since Tesla has already booked up all they are willing to make and deliver in the first couple quarters of production.

Or at least I hope that's the case.

Reactions: bhzmark
Elon time strikes again :)
+ for me...... The idea of an 8 second family hauler is just too good to pass up.
I am 100% right with you on this. I'd been drag racing my whole life and sold my Drag car in 2014 to make space for my 1st MS. That car was on C16 made 700hp had a chute and would practically break something on every pass. It was loud, had a dog ring trans and was a monster to drive. It went mid 9's!!!
The thought of a MS going in the 8's and having it be my luxury daily driver to haul the family in is too good to be true. Im definitely holding out for the +.
I ordered at about the 30th second it was announced in Sept.