Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who ordered S Plaid/Plaid+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to wait a few years until some PLAIDs hit the used market then shop :)

If history serves as an indicator Tesla will do some crazy crap to devalue the used car market by dropping prices of new cars, I will swoop in to capitalize and buy a 150k car for sub 100s
Yeah, I remember thinking that when McLaren came out with the F1. There was no way I was going to pay $675K for a street car; just no way. Silly me :)

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
How many of us who have Plaid+ orders are dating about downgrading if deliveries still seem to be sometime in 2022
Not me. HODL my reservation as well as TSLA. :)

The delay is in line with LR and Plaid. I’m OK with most of the kinks getting worked out with those two first.

Plus my ‘discount’ is at -$12.5k over today’s pricing.

I can wait. My ‘17 S is plenty fine to hold me out.

Not me. HODL my reservation as well as TSLA. :)

The delay is in line with LR and Plaid. I’m OK with most of the kinks getting worked out with those two first.

Plus my ‘discount’ is at -$12.5k over today’s pricing.

I can wait. My ‘17 S is plenty fine to hold me out.

Neither do I plan to 'defect'.

Didnt Tesla not long ago, raise a price on a model (I forget which one) and tell customers with existing orders "pay the additional amount, or we will gladly cancel your order and refund you your deposit"? Or did I dream that?

Didnt Tesla not long ago, raise a price on a model (I forget which one) and tell customers with existing orders "pay the additional amount, or we will gladly cancel your order and refund you your deposit"? Or did I dream that?
They did indeed. On the 202x refreshed LR and Plaid (no +). But that happened during the transition to the new model. Plaid+ orders were always based on a new platform.

And they’ve already increased the price of the +. Our hope is they honor the pricing of the preorders and orders placed prior to the boost.

I believe they will.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Are you all confident you'll be getting that $10K savings for ordering early? You see what they are doing to Solar customers.
I believe they will honor the pricing. My understanding of the solar situation is that their configurator wasn’t properly adjusting for nuances in roof variations. This skewed both material and labor estimates.

The car should not vary from their COGs figures unless something was improperly designed or has parts that exceeded their ‘should cost’ modeling. Substantially.

But who knows for certain. :)