TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Who pre-ordered before the car was seen?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by EV33, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Were you part of the 115,000 people who pre-ordered before the launch that evening?

1. No

15 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. Yes

274 vote(s)
    94.8%
  1. EV33

EV33 Member

#1 EV33, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
    Was part of the hundred 115,000 people who pre-ordered before the launch that evening?

(Edit to add comment that was originally made as poll question)
    "I heard from a resource that whoever pre-ordered during the day we may possible getting some extra.."

2. yesup

yesup Member

What is your poll question? The title of this post or the statement your wrote in the poll?

3. Justmurr

Justmurr Member

I assume you are asking if we waited in line. Yes. I was in line on the east coast, reserved well before seeing that night at 11:40pm my time.
    And yes Elon said there would be something as a sign of appreciation...what that something is? No idea....

I do hope there is some consideration of order time to the day you get called to configure and then ultimately to the delivery time but who knows?

4. PTADO

PTADO Member

I was there dark and early, in a line, excited to throw down money on a huge purchase of something I had never seen. Yes. And very happy I did.

• Like x 1
  5. deonb

deonb Active Member

It was an insurance policy against regret.

And it paid off in spades :).

• Like x 9
    • Funny x 1
  6. Crankstart

Crankstart Member

I reserved site-unseen at the KC store. I arrived two hours after opening. By then, the line was down to 30 from the estimated at 300-400 at opening time.

7. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Member

Just reserved today. So I'm in the "nope" category as to reserving sight unseen. Would not have been bummed by reveal had I reserved beforehand.

8. jmanning

jmanning Member

Rose in the early morn to get third in line at an east coast store. It was well worth it because there must have been over 130 people in line. We have an MS and look forward to welcoming the 3 to our home !!!!! Was blown away with what I saw later that night !! Tesla did an amazing job !!! Thank you Team Tesla !

• Like x 1
  9. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Your thread title question doesn't match the poll question. The "something extra" is just a small token of appreciation (like a trinket or memento of some sort), not some free option/upgrade to the car.

10. farrell

farrell New Member

was at store at 5am glad we were. I wanted to be there at 200am but wife didn't want to get up that early since she had a broken foot I let her sleep was at Rocklin ca.

11. Daliman

Daliman Member

Reserved by 10:31 EST as soon as they opened up online and then had to wait an hour to actually see what I am buying. Happy that I did given the phenomenal number of reservations, at least I am likely in the first 100,000. As I live in Ontario and we will hopefully continue to have a 14,000 tax credit I am hoping that some get shipped here before the buildup before the last quarter of the US Federal credit when Tesla will likely try to maximize deliveries.

12. bmms8

bmms8 Member

I wonder if there is a in store reservation total before online reservations became available? Anyone know?

13. StromSpeed

StromSpeed New Member

Yup, that was me too. Trust in Elon and that the brand will come through....and he did on that design!

14. EV33

EV33 Member

Yes I heard there would be free options bab
    Sorry I don't know how to edit my question:(

15. Phthalate

Phthalate Member

I reserved at 7:27pm on the 31st, an hour before the event and 3 minutes before the online reservations were scheduled to open. I was watching the live stream when the menu changed early out of the blue. Punched my details in lightning quick and clicked confirm. I think I beat the online rush.

16. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

I reserved an hour before the reveal, because it was raining and cold here, and I have young children.

17. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

We also reserved ours at 7:27pm on the 31st while driving on I-80 heading east!

18. EV33

EV33 Member

I ordered mine 10:45am on the 31st before it was revealed :) hopefully I'll be in the cue list around 15k or so

19. nickpants

nickpants Member

Florida- 10:45AM..Was probably about 70th or so in line.

20. EV33

EV33 Member

Me too.. what location did you go to