Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who pre-ordered before the car was seen?

Were you part of the 115,000 people who pre-ordered before the launch that evening?

• No

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 274 94.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was planning to go to Atlanta because I didn't think the TX galleries would be able to take reservations. Glad that i called to ask before I bought a ticket!

Guessed that Houston North would be easier than the Galleria, which was right, and got there before 7:00 to be 14th in line. About 150 there when I left at 10:10. My S85 is almost 3 years old; there were only a handful of owners in the line.

Dont want to get too off topic here but I like working at Tesla. Pay is good, benefits are good. Not for the faint of heart though. 12 hour days are minimum. 5 days a week. Its definitely better than my last job working as ride maintenance at Six Flags. I would recommend it to anyone that has mechanical/electrical knowledge. We have some openings if anyone is interested in applying.
Sounds interesting - to bring it more to topic... So you were able to preorder 2 weeks before launch, but were you able to get a pre-peek at the vehicle or did you have to order in the blind like the rest of us line-worshipers?

With the expansion about to explode at Tesla, I bet there's a huge number of openings. Sounds like the kind of environment where one could ladder-climb fairly quickly.

Sounds interesting - to bring it more to topic... So you were able to preorder 2 weeks before launch, but were you able to get a pre-peek at the vehicle or did you have to order in the blind like the rest of us line-worshipers?

With the expansion about to explode at Tesla, I bet there's a huge number of openings. Sounds like the kind of environment where one could ladder-climb fairly quickly.

I knew nothing more than the public did so I ordered completely blind. They keep things very tight under wraps here even to employees. They do not like leaks.

Reactions: EV33
Welcome to the forum!

I have about the same reason for reserving the Model 3 as you. I'm thinking about being able to tell my children that I was part of this pivotal moment in history (albeit not as early as the Roadster folks, but still). This is the kind of thing I've waited for 30 years to happen, -when science fiction gets real...

Hey, you must have been in the same queue as me, it was very quiet and civilized. ---Or we're just swedes :)
exactly this - My son know's how cool EV's really are and loves that his parents stood in line with hundreds of other folks for something that could be the future of transport.
Mind you we always watch the SpaceX landings for the same reason. We were yelling as loud as the crowd for that first landing :)

Reactions: EV33
Are you talking about Elon's tweet or something else? I am hoping for a t-shirt or hoodie for being #6 in Kansas City.

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk Apr 2

Token of appreciation for those who lined up coming via mail. Thought maybe 20-30 people per store would line up, not 800. Gifts on order.
Hey man
Are you talking about Elon's tweet or something else? I am hoping for a t-shirt or hoodie for being #6 in Kansas City.

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk Apr 2

Token of appreciation for those who lined up coming via mail. Thought maybe 20-30 people per store would line up, not 800. Gifts on order.
Hey Trips.....I was right ahead of you guys at #4 in line!

I was one of the late 'early birds' :D - i.e. placed my reservation in store in the afternoon. There were about 60 people in front of me at that time (~12:45pm) , and about 15 more behind me when I was next to the door. According to the salesperson who took my reservation they served approx. 500 people that day.

Last edited:
Drove 3 hours to Cleveland store and was about 70th in line. My order was placed at around 10:30 AM. I be happy if the token was a scale Model 3 but with the number of reservations I'm thinking we're probably getting posters of the design sketches. Even at $1 each you're talking around a $100,000 expense.

so awesome to see all this, what a great testimony to what TeZla has accomplished in such a short period!

We own a MS and it was no-brainer to reserve site unseen.
Couldn't get away from work so I did it online about 30min prior to the reveal.

Hoping the current ownership, CA locale, and my desire for a loaded vehicle will get me facing the landscape-UI sooner rather than later. :)

Well I guess I have 2 reservations, I reserved in store on the morning of the 31st, guess my wife didn't get the message as she and the kids went to the Tesla gallery tysons va and placed a reservation for me on the 22nd , (my birthday)
They picked up some cool stuff too, a nice Tesla hat, T shirt and some coffee mugs. Kids got to check out an X they had at the store. I am not to worried about the wait on the first reservation, Not sure when that second car will be available , heck my kids might be driving by then( they are 12 years old now)

Reserved 2 in-store on 3/31 at about 1:15 pm PT, and 1 more online on 3/31 at about 7:32 pm PT. One of the three is for my son and he will be paying the balance, so I don't really count that one.

Waited until about 10:30 am to go to the store thinking the crowds would thin out a little by then but ended up hitting the line at the exact longest point of the day. Oh well -- was a blast hanging out with so many people psyched to get their Model 3.

Last edited: