Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who pre-ordered before the car was seen?

Were you part of the 115,000 people who pre-ordered before the launch that evening?

• No

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 274 94.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was part of the hundred 115,000 people who pre-ordered before the launch that evening?

(Edit to add comment that was originally made as poll question)
"I heard from a resource that whoever pre-ordered during the day we may possible getting some extra.."

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you are asking if we waited in line. Yes. I was in line on the east coast, reserved well before seeing that night at 11:40pm my time.
And yes Elon said there would be something as a sign of appreciation...what that something is? No idea....

I do hope there is some consideration of order time to the day you get called to configure and then ultimately to the delivery time but who knows?

Rose in the early morn to get third in line at an east coast store. It was well worth it because there must have been over 130 people in line. We have an MS and look forward to welcoming the 3 to our home !!!!! Was blown away with what I saw later that night !! Tesla did an amazing job !!! Thank you Team Tesla !

Reactions: EV33
Reserved by 10:31 EST as soon as they opened up online and then had to wait an hour to actually see what I am buying. Happy that I did given the phenomenal number of reservations, at least I am likely in the first 100,000. As I live in Ontario and we will hopefully continue to have a 14,000 tax credit I am hoping that some get shipped here before the buildup before the last quarter of the US Federal credit when Tesla will likely try to maximize deliveries.

I reserved at 7:27pm on the 31st, an hour before the event and 3 minutes before the online reservations were scheduled to open. I was watching the live stream when the menu changed early out of the blue. Punched my details in lightning quick and clicked confirm. I think I beat the online rush.