Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What reservation did you make?

• Alliance Edition or plan to switch to this when available

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Priority Reservation with $5,000 refundable deposit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Standard Reservation for free

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the FF91 looks cool. I think the focus on back seat comfort misses the US market where we don't have chauffeurs. Don't know if it will compare overall, but I like the looks better than Tesla. Just my opinion.

I think the FF91 looks cool. I think the focus on back seat comfort misses the US market where we don't have chauffeurs.
Don't know if it will compare overall, but I like the looks better than Tesla. Just my opinion.

You may be a corner case ... :cool:

upload_2017-1-8_9-51-52.png

I think the FF91 looks cool. I think the focus on back seat comfort misses the US market where we don't have chauffeurs. Don't know if it will compare overall, but I like the looks better than Tesla. Just my opinion.
In self driving, the back seat will have more prevalence. All of the Model S's on the roads will have to be ridden in in the front seat only, except for short people who will squeeze uncomfortably into the back of Model S's. Model X's are also for medium size people in the middle row, and very short in the back row. Both of those models leave a great big market gap for those who want to provide something for those who want to have a comfortable back seat. As you point out, there's not a lot of that in USA, since most of us tend to be single or with only one other person. Faraday and Lucid are both smart to have only two seats in the back as a result, since the idea of having to make room for a bunch of hangers-on is disgusting to most of us. But, eventually, self-driving cars shoving us in the front seats like the Teslas will be outmoded, and the back seat will be as good a place as any. I don't like the idea of it being crammed up against the rear of the vehicle, where it's prone to accidents from the rear, as in the Lucid. But everything else about the Lucid and to the extend Faraday is copying them seems right.

I was much more impressed by the Lucid presentation. What's the backing for Lucid?

I reserved 2 for my Limo service that currently has 2 Tesla Xes (and 2 more on order).

Realistically, I only did reserve because it was free.

By the way, I had a chat with someone at their booth at CES. He was very confident, was very sure that the car would be built, and when I asked him for pricing, he said realistically it will be between the Model X and the Bentley Bentayga.

If that's the case, we're looking at a price point of between $90,000 and $250,000. rofl

• Funny
Reactions: Ulmo
Wow, after seeing the demo and taking a closer look at that vehicle, its dang ugly and mostly vaporware. I can only imagine where Tesla will be when and if the FF ever gets released in real production. Tesla easily mops the floor with FF. Best of luck to them, but I wouldnt hold my breath, especially for an early model.

.2 seconds faster and slightly more luxurious than a Model X. $50k more at minimum.

I just don't see the draw. The luxury angle is definitely their best bet but it's a crap shoot from the looks of it.

Why not build a full size luxury SUV to get into the market? Some other market the Tesla doesn't already do well in.

I just don't see the draw. The luxury angle is definitely their best bet but it's a crap shoot from the looks of it.
Maybe for those who want to sit in Barcaloungers and consume endless, mindless streams of media content while riding in the back of a car-of-concepts-that-may-not-even-be-a-car that drives itself (well, maybe with the lights dimmed and a belated assist from a ninja human driver)? :rolleyes:

Hate to rain on the parade, but I really have my doubts about the viability of FF, and Lucid for that matter. From what I've heard, Lucid is in slightly better shape than FF. I hope they both make it, but that's far from a foregone conclusion at this point.

I like the Lucid concept and hope they do well, we need more EVs... but FF gives me strong Enron-esque vibes the more I learn about them, They seem like one giant scam.

• Love
Reactions: ABC2D