Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who should buy second Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took delivery of a Model 3 for me a few months ago. We are going to order a Model Y for my wife. She has a tesla.com account so that she can use my Model 3.

Should she place the order for the Model Y? Does it matter which Tesla account places the order?
if you start up a different account and she uses your account referral you both get 1000 miles supercharger. You can also allow each other full access to the cars in both of your separate accounts. win win

• Informative
Reactions: adayley
Also have a 3 and a Y coming on 9/8 for my wife. Are you saying if we add the Y to the current account we only get 1,000 miles? I was under the impression that I'd get the 1,000 miles for the referral and also get the other 1,000 for the new car and it would all flow into my current account.

• Disagree
Reactions: usavincent
... Better off ordering under your same account and then operating jointly. Then you can check both and use the app as a key for both without having to log in again and again.

This is new information to me.

My wife already has her own Tesla.com account, though she has not purchased anything yet. She is an authorized user of my Model 3, using her phone and app as the key to the car. She doesn’t need to repeatedly login, she simply uses the car, same as I do.

Can you describe more about how the repeating login works?