TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Who still doesnt have Summon?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by lupend88, Jul 31, 2018.

1. lupend88

lupend88 Member

I know these updates sometimes take a few weeks to rollout to everyone but DAMN. Am I the only one without the software update that gives you summon and cabin overheat protection? Hopefully I'm not the only one, but I'm getting slightly impatient. It would be very nice to have the cabin overheat protection while it's still hot out..

2. chibi_kurochan

Don't worry, you're not alone.
    There are a lot of people still on 2018.21.9 since that was the last MAJOR/STABLE update.
    Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

After getting a lot of the early updates, i wouldn't so quick to jump on latest update. especially if the current one is pretty stable.
    We will get it eventually. ;)

• Like x 2
  3. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I dont have summon yet either.

4. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

I've been stuck on 2018.21 until I visited a service center this weekend for a performance M3 test drive.

I parked nearby and noticed my Model 3 was connected to their WiFi. The next day, I received the 2018.26.3 update! Coincidence? Maybe.

5. furizu

furizu Member

i don't have it yet either. sadly as chibi above mentioned, it doesn't appear they've rolled it out in masses yet.

6. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

On 21.9 for what seems like ever now.

7. Skidmark

Skidmark Member

I got a notification through my app that an update was available, but when I went to the car maybe a day later, it showed no signs of any available update. No summon for me yet.

8. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

Same, still stuck on 21.9. After the issues with the previous releases, they're probably taking their time just in case something else goes wrong with the build.

9. AngryCPA

AngryCPA Member

FYI, cabin overheat protection is enabled by default in 21.9. Newer firmware just gives you the ability to turn it off or run without the AC compressor.

10. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

21.9 here

I just saw 119 degrees in the cabin.. . I am not sure if cabin overheat is enabled by default?

11. devilmountain

devilmountain Member

I am on 21.9 still. I don't mind if others want to work the bugs out.

12. AngryCPA

AngryCPA Member

Check it again now. The behavior is the same with the newer firmware, the car doesn’t always wake up to cool the cabin, but will usually cool it once it’s been woken up.

13. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

No one in Canada has summon (I believe).

14. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

For what it's worth, the current implementation is pretty weak. It operates over WAN/Internet instead of using Bluetooth (which is super flaky if you're on the edge of coverage), and there's no ability to double-tap park and then pick a direction before getting out of the car (with the car aimed appropriately) to have it pull into a spot for you.

15. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

I swore I wouldn’t be one of those people that bothers the local service center just for a newer software update. I’ve held off thus far but they’re not making it any easier. Still on 2018.21.9 like many others here. I’m usually running the latest beta version of software on the majority of my devices, so being a few versions behind on my most expensive gadget is kind of maddening. Really wish Tesla would let some of us opt-in to always get the latest update in exchange for frequent and thorough bug reporting.

16. Lake

Lake Member

This is what happened to me last week. I was traveling and had the option to update in the car, but decided to wait. Came back next day and was unable to update.

17. Canuckle

Canuckle New Member

I have 2018.24.8 in Canada and do NOT have summon. Anyone know if it is coming?

18. farrell

farrell Member

no update yet but it will come

19. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

If you look in the main Model 3 software update thread there was some discussion of this happening. I think if you call Tesla they will clear out the failed update somehow and you'll be able to install the new one.

20. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

I'm still stuck on 21.9 also. At this point, I don't mind waiting for bugs in summon to be worked out before getting it, but I need the stupid phone call echo bug fixed. I'm tired to having to use an old Bluetooth earpiece to make calls in my $60K care while my $25K car handles it without a problem.