Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who still doesnt have Summon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know these updates sometimes take a few weeks to rollout to everyone but DAMN. Am I the only one without the software update that gives you summon and cabin overheat protection? Hopefully I'm not the only one, but I'm getting slightly impatient. It would be very nice to have the cabin overheat protection while it's still hot out..

For what it's worth, the current implementation is pretty weak. It operates over WAN/Internet instead of using Bluetooth (which is super flaky if you're on the edge of coverage), and there's no ability to double-tap park and then pick a direction before getting out of the car (with the car aimed appropriately) to have it pull into a spot for you.

I swore I wouldn’t be one of those people that bothers the local service center just for a newer software update. I’ve held off thus far but they’re not making it any easier. Still on 2018.21.9 like many others here. I’m usually running the latest beta version of software on the majority of my devices, so being a few versions behind on my most expensive gadget is kind of maddening. Really wish Tesla would let some of us opt-in to always get the latest update in exchange for frequent and thorough bug reporting.

This is what happened to me last week. I was traveling and had the option to update in the car, but decided to wait. Came back next day and was unable to update.

If you look in the main Model 3 software update thread there was some discussion of this happening. I think if you call Tesla they will clear out the failed update somehow and you'll be able to install the new one.

I'm still stuck on 21.9 also. At this point, I don't mind waiting for bugs in summon to be worked out before getting it, but I need the stupid phone call echo bug fixed. I'm tired to having to use an old Bluetooth earpiece to make calls in my $60K care while my $25K car handles it without a problem.