Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who uses their Tesla to drive for Uber? How do you explain how to open the door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking about driver for Uber. I have weekends off and would be nice to make a few extra bucks. Could maybe pay for my lease payment by driving.
I am just concerned about passengers not knowing how to open the door handles. How do you deal with this? Do you just roll the window down and explain to them?
Is there some kind of aftermarket part that can make the handle more like a regular car door handle? Seriously what does Tesla have against door handles?

I do Uber Eats and tried out rideshare for a couple weeks, but decided it wasn't for me. I did get some stickers for the inside or just told them to push the button at the top of the handle and push the door at the same time. For the outside, I would just roll the window down and say "Push the fat part and pull the handle" Seemed to work well.

I am thinking about driver for Uber. I have weekends off and would be nice to make a few extra bucks. Could maybe pay for my lease payment by driving.
I am just concerned about passengers not knowing how to open the door handles. How do you deal with this? Do you just roll the window down and explain to them?
Is there some kind of aftermarket part that can make the handle more like a regular car door handle? Seriously what does Tesla have against door handles?

Here is a long write up someone did and posted here about driving for uber and lyft:

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and GZDongles