Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who want's a Founders Model X - I've decided to pass on mine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. After MUCH soul searching I've decided I'm not going to take up my 'Founders by Referral' Model X - so it is up for grabs.

It hasn't been configured yet, so the lucky owner gets to choose whatever config they want, and get the very limited Founders edition.

So, if you are interested in jumping the queue, and or getting your hands on that coveted Founders badge, PM me or drop me an email (if you can't figure out my email you don't deserve a Model X!)

Nick...

BTW - if you want to know why, its mainly because I'm super happy with my Model S, and think it is a better fit for my current needs than the Model X.

[Mods - pls move this thread to classifieds if it is better there]

Not sure how nick will handle this but the founders by referral folks are getting a fully loaded P90D for the price of a 90D. ;-)
Not exactly. They're getting a fully loaded Founders' Series P90D with Ludicrous mode for the price of a P90D "base" model (around $115K).

Still a nice discount considering the production model fully loaded up with options rings up at $152,500 (and a fully loaded Sig is about $143K). But they're not getting it for the $93K base price of a Model X 90D.

But I would imagine the OP is going to tack some on top of that to make it worth his while. Getting 10 or more Model S referrals is a pretty significant achievement and worth compensation IMHO.

It looks like someone just sold their Sig Model X on eBay for $175K and it was only up there a couple of days so even if someone backs out, it looks like $115K for a fully loaded Model X that can be delivered quickly is a pretty sound investment.

This is the one that sold for $175K: Tesla Model X | eBay

There's another one up there at $150,100 but it hasn't hit its reserve yet.

Cars Trucks in Make:Tesla, Model:Model X | eBay

Hey all. To clarify a few things:
  • I don't know of any way to transfer the RN.
  • I've never tried to do anything like this, so we'll need to work together to figure out delivery location, taxes, etc. etc.
  • Because it is a founders it can be configured immediately and will go into production pretty much immediately - ahead of any other production RNs.
  • Or it could be delayed until mid-May - your preference
  • It is a P90D, with whatever options you want.
  • Pricing is flexible - depends on the level of interest, what options you want, etc.
  • The more options you choose, the more attractive it is to me to sell to you.

Worst case I'll buy the car and then offer it to the highest bidder.
If I take this route it will be fully configured with every option including ludicrous.

Hey all. To clarify a few things:
  • I don't know of any way to transfer the RN.
  • I've never tried to do anything like this, so we'll need to work together to figure out delivery location, taxes, etc. etc.
  • Because it is a founders it can be configured immediately and will go into production pretty much immediately - ahead of any other production RNs.
  • Or it could be delayed until mid-May - your preference
  • It is a P90D, with whatever options you want.
  • Pricing is flexible - depends on the level of interest, what options you want, etc.
  • The more options you choose, the more attractive it is to me to sell to you.

Worst case I'll buy the car and then offer it to the highest bidder.
If I take this route it will be fully configured with every option including ludicrous.

Can this be made to a UK spec? If so, I'll have it!

Another FbR owner here...

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to order the car, as Tesla's offer is not transferable. What you can do is order the car in both your names, and then after delivery change the title to reflect just one name. I believe this will also keep the 7500 fed tax credit open to the buyer (just not both of you).

Good luck.