Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who wants in on a class action lawsuit? ;-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, according to @wk057 the correct figure is 295Wh/mi.

And he also says that the original 60kWh pack is actually a ~61kWh pack. Yes it isn't all "usable", but Tesla didn't say you would be able to use it all for propulsion. The remaining ~2.4kWh is being used, to prevent the pack from being damaged...

The only two packs that were "undersized" are the 85 and 90 kWh packs.

That certainly fits closer to what the usable reported by the bms / the rated miles which is not exactly what Tesla shows on the rated line.

• Helpful
Reactions: 5StarAdvisor
176F609C-A6A9-4F0F-A6C9-4B6FAC9F1A44.jpeg
37C0D125-4345-4DAE-971A-CFE0FAE580E4.jpeg
Since you admit not having “any sort of strong knowledge” and all those who Doubt the 300 Wh/mi is the RATED factor please see the attached...

Since you admit not having “any sort of strong knowledge” and all those who Doubt the 300 Wh/mi is the RATED factor please see the attached...

I'm sorry. You're still mistaken. I'm not sure what other evidence to provide. Your assumptions are based on a foundation of misinformation. I've said all that there is to say.

But, by all means... lawyer up! Good luck with that. I'm sure you'll find an attorney willing to take your money.

I'm sorry. You're still mistaken. I'm not sure what other evidence to provide. Your assumptions are based on a foundation of misinformation. I've said all that there is to say.

But, by all means... lawyer up! Good luck with that. I'm sure you'll find an attorney willing to take your money.
Yes Tesla is guilty of a “Foundation of Misinformation”

Now can we return to the OP and Itentify who wants to join the Class Action? We already have several Classic 60 owners who have privately responded. Who els is out there?
Money Back or Free 100kWh Upgrade!

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
Now can we return to the OP and Itentify who wants to join the Class Action?

More misinformation. There is no class action to join, at least that I have seen. You can file suit and try to get it certified as a class action, but I don't see you having any luck as a Model S 60 owner. (85 and 90 owners would have a pretty darn good chance. That is unless Tesla says that when they say xx kWh they just mean it is a xx kWh "class" battery, like is done with flat screen TVs.)

Reactions: Rocky_H
I've got a 2013 Model S 60 with ~42k on it. Drive normally in LA (traffic, no freezing weather). Original range was 208, now can't get past 165, about 20% down. Repeated visits to Tesla service end up with the same answer: the battery is fine and nothings wrong; essentially, "sit down and shut up." Finally, I wrote a letter to the CTO explaining that if GM's cars had a 20% reduction in their gas tanks in ~40k miles, there would be a recall. That letter did nothing - just another local guy called me to tell me nothing's wrong.

Worse yet, I'm still such a believer that there are at least three people who have bought Teslas thanks to my referrals.

Is anyone else having this problem from normal driving? Am I crazy to think I'm being mistreated?
You have a message.

Did you use a calculator for that math it your dash picture? Sure looks like you didn't. You claim:
80 x 300 = 24,000 left over
24,000 / 441 = 53 Mi projected (My calculator gives 54.42)

Now, look at the numbers with the 295 Wh/mi that people have been suggesting:
80 x 295 = 23,600 left over
23,600 / 441 = 53.51 Mi projected

Using the numbers from your very own car shows that 300 is wrong. Time to start listening to others?

When i got mine i called tesla for charging intructions, set up 2 charging patterns
1, home, about 75%
2. Going on long trip charge up to max right before i leave house to shorten stops.
3, going to zero is fine, just dont do it everyday.
I've been in over 25 states, many super chagers and others. So far im happy.
They sent me the leave it plugged in every night.

Did you use a calculator for that math it your dash picture? Sure looks like you didn't. You claim:
80 x 300 = 24,000 left over
24,000 / 441 = 53 Mi projected (My calculator gives 54.42)

Now, look at the numbers with the 295 Wh/mi that people have been suggesting:
80 x 295 = 23,600 left over
23,600 / 441 = 53.51 Mi projected

Using the numbers from your very own car shows that 300 is wrong. Time to start listening to others?

I see your point.
We are talking though about 1mile off which could also be a rounding error between Wh an kWh.

Could someone show where it is written RATED = 295?

Why is 300 Displayed on the RATED line In the Tesla Trip Meter?

And are you also saying that the 60 before any degradation is really a 61.360????
(295 x 208mi Advertised = 61,360)

Attachments

• 11F99C01-236E-42C6-9B1D-21CEEE0F6D26.jpeg
    11F99C01-236E-42C6-9B1D-21CEEE0F6D26.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 33
The Montgomery on the 60 also says 35kWh / 100 miles and that a full charge goes 208. At this rate doesn’t that mean you need a capacity of 72.8?
Or is it self contradictory in that 60x100/35 = only capable of 171mi?

No. The figure on the Monroney is a "Wall to Wheels" figure so it includes charging losses. (Which is why it is ~19% higher than the 29.5kWh/100 miles that the car uses for range based on what is in the battery.)

• Informative
Reactions: liuping and Rocky_H
No. The figure on the Monroney is a "Wall to Wheels" figure so it includes charging losses. (Which is why it is ~19% higher than the 29.5kWh/100 miles that the car uses for range based on what is in the battery.)
Good to know.

Would you care to comment about a total consumption of only 31.5kWh from 90% to 17%SOC...?
-How much total usable “kWh’s” would this battery have and be the expected mileage range if AVG 295Wh/mi?

Last edited: