TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Who wants to purchase VIN#209? Only $150k!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bro1999, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bro1999

bro1999 Active Member

#1 bro1999, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. BigD0g

BigD0g Member

I'd buy @wk057 car first for 150k =). Actually, no I'd buy the fully loaded p100d, but that's neither here nor there.

3. bro1999

bro1999 Active Member

People have shelled out 6 figures for a Harambe-shaped potato chip, so nothing would surprise me.

• Funny x 3
  4. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Member

The only way this would be legit is if the person was no longer with Tesla and the agreement they signed not to re-sell the car was somehow nullified by that separation.

In other news, "what a wanker".

• Funny x 1
  5. bro1999

bro1999 Active Member

Acquire Model 3, quit Tesla, post ad on craigslist: profit! Not a bad plan actually if they have another gig already lined up. $150k will buy a lot of booze. :)

• Funny x 1
  6. 182RG

182RG Free The Service Manuals From Tyranny

It's likely NOT an employee, since there is an agreement in place to not resale above list price. It would have to be one of Elmo's friends.....

7. arcus

arcus Member

Someone just paid a nice chunk for this, so nothing is going to surprise me anymore.

8. Trips

Trips Member

"Car has been great for the past 2,000 miles and a unique circumstance is forcing me to part with the car."

By unique they mean they have never been able to make $100k+ after a few months. They would have been better off having a broker quietly auction it to the big companies. Knowing Uber and how shady they are with billions in the bank they would have no problem paying $1mm+.

• Like x 2
  9. cizUK

cizUK Member

#9 cizUK, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017

Oh yeah??:D

10. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Dog Chauffeur

Conspiracy Theory: TSLA poses as desperate seller of Model 3. Finds “Big 3” buyer and sells to them. Buyer receives vehicle, begins to disassemble, and lo-and-behold, it’s the Red “wax model” version, painted over, with a “Sorry Suckers. -Love Elon” note in the glovebox.

• Funny x 5
  11. McRat

McRat Active Member

As they say, there is an ass for every seat.

Like above, for $150k you can get more range, more performance, more room, more amenities, AWD, more resale by going Model S or Model X.

It's not collectible, and I have a healthy fear of what appears to be actually 'pre-production' first year cars. Some of the parts might end up being made of unobtainium.

• Funny x 2
  12. mongo

mongo Member

Hummm, given the orignal purchase agreement regarding sales above MSRP, would Tesla be within their rights to not transfer the myTesla account or even remotely disable the vehicle?

Oh! They can use it for network penetration testing of whomever purchases it... Trojan Horse.

13. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

I wouldn't be surprised if this ad disappears soon given how quickly some of the videos do.

14. McRat

McRat Active Member

#14 McRat, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    They would be on very shaky legal grounds to harm a car that is not registered to them regardless of anything the original buyer signed.
    Their beef is with the original buyer, not the car or new buyer.

15. mongo

mongo Member

Agreed, that would be a reach. However, it seems the MyTesla side is within their court.

16. McRat

McRat Active Member

If there was original paperwork that said the warranty was not transferable for the CTF cars without permission, then the buyer could get seriously screwed depending on the laws in their state. That's how I'd have clamped down on scalpers.

17. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

Aha!!! Now we know the REAL reason for the delay!!! The Master Plan is working !!! Hype cheap version of S - accumulate reservation numbers - slowly build a few to create anxiousness - just sell a limited number at thrice the original price.
    Hahahahahahahahaha !!!

Hahahahahaha cough cough cough hahahahahahaha!!!

18. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Don't you just love spellcheck?

• Funny x 5
  19. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

I thought I was missing out on a meme because I had no idea who Elmo was. It all made sense after your comment.

• Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  20. THXULTRA

THXULTRA Member

Someone will buy it. Maybe even a collector since it is such a low vin. Thought there was an agreement they can't sell the car for over msrp so will be interesting to see if they take it down and get threatened with legal action.