Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who wants to purchase VIN#209? Only $150k!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone will buy it. Maybe even a collector since it is such a low vin. Thought there was an agreement they can't sell the car for over msrp so will be interesting to see if they take it down and get threatened with legal action.

There is nothing stopping them from selling it to their buddy for MSRP, and then their buddy can sell it for anything they want to. (I don't think Tesla can put a "deed restriction" on the car that would prevent future owners from selling at over MSRP.)

There is nothing stopping them from selling it to their buddy for MSRP, and then their buddy can sell it for anything they want to. (I don't think Tesla can put a "deed restriction" on the car that would prevent future owners from selling at over MSRP.)
Knew this was going to happen eventually. Sure when the first model 3's roll off to the average Joe there will be many on resale over MSRP. People will pay it too just like they do for the new iphone because they can't wait. Really glad Tesla isn't letting people transfer reservations at least.

"Car has been great for the past 2,000 miles and a unique circumstance is forcing me to part with the car."

By unique they mean they have never been able to make $100k+ after a few months. They would have been better off having a broker quietly auction it to the big companies. Knowing Uber and how shady they are with billions in the bank they would have no problem paying $1mm+.

And when I read that in the ad I thought "I have a second car on order and can only pay for one...unique circumstance right?"

I have to wonder if he still has his job and whether they cancelled his second car. Didn't Elon cancel some big shots car order at one time because of his attitude? Also since the car phones home to the mothership I'm sure they will know where it goes. I think Elon takes this stuff really seriously.

Last edited:
The only unique circumstance I can think of here is excessive greed. If anyone buys it as an "investment" then I expect they will feel like a total chump in 3 year's time when they are everywhere. It's not even as if this is some flagship limited edition Supercar. It's their "budget" car for the masses (relatively speaking). I can understand it selling well over list price, but this is taking the piss!

great, that restriction will probably end up in the latestnewest contract language. (loud sigh of exasperation)
Thanks
:mad:
;)

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
I've always wondered: is a wanker and a tosser the same thing?:D

I'm no Susie Dent*, but I'd say literally, yes, but in everyday usage, no. The first is more suggestive of malevolence, while the second is more suggestive of incompetence.

Oh yeah, the topic. Unless there were a buyback clause, there'd be nothing to stop someone selling to a friend or family member so that the other person could benefit.

* Just showing my ex-pat credentials.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSqB
maybe someone can explain why a buyer wouldn't get a more powerful Model S for less money.
There I go thinking again.

Ford paid $199,950 for the 64th produced Model X that was worth $150,000. When you are spending in the billions to develop your own electric vehicles it is always nice to see what your competition has going on. If anyone is going to buy this it most likely would be a automaker or Uber type of business.

The only unique circumstance I can think of here is excessive greed.

Or the seller or a close family member has just lost everything in one of the ongoing NorCal fires and they need the money to rebuild.
Or the seller or a close family member has been diagnosed with a rare and expensive illness and they need the money for treatment.
Or the seller or a close family member has suddenly had to take over care of an elderly or incapacitated parent or grandparent.

I'm sure there are other potential reasons. Personally I don't really care why they're selling it, nor is it any of my business. He might even have gotten permission from Tesla to break an agreement due to extenuating circumstances; we have no way to know. If he violated a contract with Tesla, then that's between him and Tesla and the chips can fall where they may. I assume neither the best nor the worst. An assessment of the facts available to us - which is virtually nothing - can generate no honest conclusion other than 'we don't know'. Anything else is emotionally-generated conjecture.