TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Who wants to take this cheeky Kiwi for a ride in their Tesla between March 17-23?

Discussion in 'California' started by Andrew Wright, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright New Member

Hi I'm Andrew, a 23 yr/old Tesla/Musk fan from Christchurch New Zealand.

I'm going to be in San Francisco between March 17th - 23rd and would love to have a look at/ride in a Tesla while I'm over as they haven't quite made it to NZ yet. This seems like the best place to ask so I thought I'd throw it out there!

2. Larry

Larry Member

Check out the closest showroom and take a test drive. Not trying to be rude but I don't give strangers rides. Maybe someone else here will though.

3. RichardL

RichardL Member

I'm not certain, but I recall someone being denied a test because of a non-US license.
    I am about 12 miles south of SF airport. PM me if you still need a ride.
    You will certainly see many MS around anyway.

4. SteveS0353

SteveS0353 Member

There are a few Teslas in New Zealand now (Auckland anyway). Check out First NZ Model S.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Who wants to take this cheeky Kiwi for a ride in their Tesla between March 17...

Andrew I'm confident that if you call the Burlingame Showroom and Service Center (closest to SF) they will let you do a test drive. Get an international driver's license in NZ before you leave for your trip, just to be sure.

6. Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright New Member

Hi guys, thanks so much for your replies!

I'd assumed test driving from a showroom was out of the question due to being from overseas so thanks for pointing me back to that. Will sort out an International licence before I leave.

Very excited.

7. garygid

garygid Member

If you are in Southern California on Saturday 21 March, we have an EV Gathering in Santa Ana
    at the Hometown Buffet on 17th street, just 2 blocks East of the I-5 freeway.
    We have breakfast and chat from about 8 AM to at least 11 AM.

We typically have LEAFs, Teslas, and Rav4EVs, occasionally Coda, and others.
    If you get down here, perhaps on your way home, we can probably arrange
    to pick you up.

Cheers, Gary

8. Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright New Member

Thanks for pointing me back to Tesla for a test drive. They made everything super easy and it was so cool!

Cheesy post test drive photo below -

IMG_3293.JPG