Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who was the last to get a *NEW* 2.0 battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new Roadster battery is part of the "3.0" upgrade (Tesla has not yet released the other components of the 3.0 upgrade, and it is unknown at this time when or if they will be released).

The 3.0 battery is all new cells in the same battery enclosure. I had one installed about a month ago. The Palo Alto Service Center told me they had installed "6 or 7". Others in the US have also posted about having them installed this year. I do not recall if any Roadster owners in the UK have had a 3.0 battery installed.

I have also heard privately (off TMC) about some Roadster owners in the US who have had the 3.0 battery installed but have not posted about it. I estimate that at least a few dozen 3.0 batteries have been installed so far.

I think he's specifically asking about the OLD battery.

The 240-mile battery. As of now, there are no longer "new" 240-mile battery packs, but there are reconditioned ones out there (my Roadster is at the Tyco road service center waiting for one right now).

The last *NEW* 240-mile battery. Not a reconditioned pack, and not the 3.0 battery.

Okay, my misunderstanding, sorry. So the "2.0 battery" for the 2.0/2.5 version Roadsters?

I can't imagine there are any of those batteries available from Tesla with 100% "new" (never used) cells. That seems so unlikely to me that when I read the post it never crossed my mind as being a possibility. Of course I don't work for Tesla and have no specific knowledge of their Roadster battery inventory.

@dpeilow, my sincere apologies for mis-reading your post!